TW heads and valvetrain

cliff88145

Feb 28, 2006
OK I'm ready to get things rolling but I dont know what TW head to buy. On the summit web site there are 2 part # TFS-51400004 & TFS-51400002 I think it has to do with Maximum Valve Lift but I don't really no what im doing. So which one should I buy. The cam im going to get suggested 1.7 rocker arms trick flow has 3/8" stud & 7/16" stud, which stud should I buy. Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

OK I'm ready to get things rolling but I dont know what TW head to buy. On the summit web site there are 2 part # TFS-51400004 & TFS-51400002 I think it has to do with Maximum Valve Lift but I don't really no what im doing. So which one should I buy. The cam im going to get suggested 1.7 rocker arms trick flow has 3/8" stud & 7/16" stud, which stud should I buy. Thank you

Well, I do believe one is for maximum lift as I have those... From my understanding double springed... I could be off with the method, but yes its for maximum lift. As for the studs, my heads came with so there was no need to purchase. I went with comp cams pro magnum 1.6's and all was well.. I know I may not be much help, but my point is that they should have all needed hardware, but you can always check trick flows website for info. They are pretty detailed..

Take a look at this chart.

Im not very familiar with the TFS-51400002 heads but my understanding of the tw heads is this...
trick flow part number TFS-51400004 has two options 1) street heat 2) track heat
the street heat heads come with 3/8" rocker studs while the track heat comes with the stronger 7/16" studs. the second difference is that the street come with all the emission ports to be street leagal while the track doesn't.

Im not sure if part number TFS-51400002 have the same options.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the TFS-51400004 is Designed for hydraulic roller camshafts and the TFS-51400002 is not. This is the cam I would like to get http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&lvl=2&prt=5&Vehicle_Type=Auto&Cylinders=8&Engine_Make=FORD-MERCURY&Year=1993&Engine_Size=302%20C.I.&partNumber=444225&partType=camshaft
I have read it is a good blower cam. So which one should I buy the heads Designed for hydraulic roller or not. Thanks for the help again.:)

Well unless you have done something to alter your hydraulic lifter setup I would reccommend the one for hydraulic as that is the way they come from the factory...

Depending on the lift of your blower cam you might wanna check out the diff spring options from TF then. I think if its over .550 you will need the upgrades... You should be able to tell with your cam profile.. Better safe than sorry.

Well im just going to go with the TFS-51400004 because that is what the kits come with. Like I said I dont really know what im doing. Any more help would be great.