Twin kit progress pics.

• Sponsors (?)

sirsureshot39 was my old screen-name on aol, and when I first joined stangnet, it asked me for a username, and me being the dumbass that I am, entered my s-name instead of something mustang related. I finally got it changed, simple, yet effective. Twinturbo 1991

Mike, what timing set was it? I'd recommend a Rollmaster or Crane billet (Crane Billet is a RED Rollmaster) with the brass shim and a Ford billet steel plate, Or you can machine the plate for a roller bearing set-up or Danny Bee I believe makes one for your block.

Good Luck!

Rick 91GT said:
Mike, what timing set was it? I'd recommend a Rollmaster or Crane billet (Crane Billet is a RED Rollmaster) with the brass shim and a Ford billet steel plate, Or you can machine the plate for a roller bearing set-up or Danny Bee I believe makes one for your block.

Good Luck!

Trick flow billet set, heres the link.

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...rchinresults=false&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Part number-TFS-51478520

I havnt ordered a new one yet because Im looking for something thats proven. The trick flow one had the thrust plate bearing. I had good luck with the pete jackson gears, but Job doesnt like them. Do you have a part number for the ford thrust plate?

FMS-M-6269-A351 Ford Racing Thrust Plate, Steel, Ford, Small Block Windsor/ 351/ SVO $48 at Summit.

I have not had an issue with the Rollmasters other then they fit the crank really tight, a little work with some emory clith takes care of that. They hold up to serious power and abuse, the chains are really nice.

You may want to think about dual pinning that cam while the motor is apart, you will need to drill the timing gear, I do this on big blower cars...with the turbo now thinking about it you may be fine.

Rick, thanks for the part number, however when I spoke to someone at summit a few days ago, they said that the piece above isnt designed to fit the 302 motor. And looking at it, isnt there supposed to be an oil passage in there? Seen in this piece. CCA-3120TB

TT91 said:
Rick, thanks for the part number, however when I spoke to someone at summit a few days ago, they said that the piece above isnt designed to fit the 302 motor. And looking at it, isnt there supposed to be an oil passage in there? Seen in this piece. CCA-3120TB

The picture they haven't isn't correct but it looks just like the stock piece, oil passage and all. I just used it on a DART block motor, and I have one on mine as well. :nice:

The TFS piece looks decent for $70, the Crane is $99 but allows more adjustment.

Yeah the Danny Bee piece is nice, We used one on a A4 block that had a wide bolt pattern plate since it had 52mm roller cam bearings. Had to machine on the timing chain a little but it went together nice.

Rick 91GT said:
Yeah the Danny Bee piece is nice, We used one on a A4 block that had a wide bolt pattern plate since it had 52mm roller cam bearings. Had to machine on the timing chain a little but it went together nice.

Rick, im running the A4 block, from reading your post, it sounds as if it has different the stock measurments. ??