typewriter possible fix?

Logan56860

Apr 16, 2020
Earth
I did not notice the ticking on my car until after I added the JLT oil catch can. After thinking of the only alteration i did to the motor, I removed the oil catch can even though I was sure it could not have anything to do with it. . The ticking seems to have stopped! I had never heard this idea before so I was sure I was wrong
. I will update as time goes by.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the catch can, if installed like the one on my Lightning, is just downstream from the PCV valve. PCV valves can rattle, Maybe your particular catch can is acting like an echo chamber for that. Also, maybe a new PCV valve would stop it. Just a thought.

not this one. It is the "typewriter" sound many people talk about. I had to look it up to see what was going on. I know the can should not make a difference. That is why I will update the post later. It is coming from inside, down low, and on the passenger side. Like the can is. Odd for sure. Should not make a difference. But... we'll see. Thanks,

and it started after the can install. Now that I removed it, took me a week to deduce and still made no sense,, no ticking,, for now. Seems too odd to work, but i'll take it until I really figure it out.

I took off the catch can and the "type writer" ticking quit within a few days. I put the catch back on and the type writer ticking has subsided still. I have heard it a few times, a few ticks. but nothing like it was at its worst. Said I would update once I spent some time with it. This is the update.