Typhoon intake owners, would you please post a pic of vacuum lines near firewall

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Could someone help me out, I'm in fits trying to figured out how to run these damn lines without them hitting the plug on the box that is mounted to the fire wall, just trying to figure out what the heck the prob is, got the setup used and don't even know if I have the right fittings in mine. thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Easier said than done. I'm tapped out on $$$$$ and need to get this one lined out asap

i'd set it up for you but i dont have any surviving pictures of the vac system i made on the back.. i understand the money deal, but a gt40 from the junkyard is better then that intake.. oh well good luck

Well the fittings on the back are straight standoffs, I used my factory ends, cut the plastic lines and spliced them with vacuum lines, the stock 90 degree ends hits the plug on the box that attatches to the firewall, I know that if it is driven this way that the factory ends will get torn and then just cause me problems. I will admit the design is BS, had I know there was a minimal amount of clearance I would have never bought the intake in the first place

When I installed mine, the 2 smaller fittings didnt pose a clearance issue. The larger fitting that goes to the vacuum tree did however. I simply went to a hardware store and bought a fitting of the same size with a 90* bend. Working great.

I could grab some pics of how I set it up on my 95 if you want. Should be similar. Just don't laugh at my dirty engine, I was rushed since I used my parents' garage for my engine swap and they wanted it back ASAP. I went for pure function over form. I used the fittings from my stock intake though.

my typhoon ididnt have any clearance problems. for the top 2 holes i got a straight brass pipe nipple, for the lower/bigger one i got a t fitting and ran my Booster and PCV line to that.

There should be quite enough room to allow a brass nipple to be threaded into the back of the intake...if there is not then you definately have another issue. You CAN simply move the MAP sensor over, the offset should allow you the room you require. I did plug one hole on the back side of the intake and the other followed to the vac tree...which I did relocate to the back side of the shock tower, completely out of the way.

There is actually plenty of room to thread the fitting in, the plug on the map sensor just gets the line in a bind is the only thing that was aggravating me

Here's two pics of the vacuum lines coming off the back of my intake. I took one from the driver's side, and one from the passenger's side.

Pass. side:
vaclines1.jpg

Driver's side:
vaclines2.jpg