U-joint to Axle Centerline Dimension on 8-inch?

Hi, All--

Would anyone happen to know the dimension between the U-joint centerline of the pinion yoke to the centerline of the axle on an 8-inch rearend?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go with my 8.8; I can either use the standard flat flange that comes on most of these axles and buy an adapter to mate to the flange, or I can get a standard pinion yoke from something like an F-150 and use that.

However, the dimension figure for the 8-inch will probably dictate which way I go, so I need to try and determine this . . . anybody know what that figure is?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, All--

Would anyone happen to know the dimension between the U-joint centerline of the pinion yoke to the centerline of the axle on an 8-inch rearend?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go with my 8.8; I can either use the standard flat flange that comes on most of these axles and buy an adapter to mate to the flange, or I can get a standard pinion yoke from something like an F-150 and use that.

However, the dimension figure for the 8-inch will probably dictate which way I go, so I need to try and determine this . . . anybody know what that figure is?

Thanks in advance!

JUST READ THE QUESTION AGAIN.
ARE YOU ASKING FOR THE U JOINT CENTER LINE ON THE 3RD MEMBER TO THE CENTERLINE OF THE AXLE?
I RESPONDED FOR THE THE DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH:

I will get the exact length for you when I get home shortly for the driveshaft on the 66. I think is is 51 inches center U joint hole to center U joint hole.
We are getting a new one ordered today to complete the T5 conversion. The original DS needed to be shortened .25 inches and the local shop wanted $175 to rebuild/cut/balance.
I decided to get a new aluminum DS built for $300 complete with U joints (minus the slip yoke)
Check it out, they will build what you need to fit
Custom length aluminum driveshaft

JUST READ THE QUESTION AGAIN.
ARE YOU ASKING FOR THE U JOINT CENTER LINE ON THE 3RD MEMBER TO THE CENTERLINE OF THE AXLE?
I RESPONDED FOR THE THE DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH:

I will get the exact length for you when I get home shortly for the driveshaft on the 66. I think is is 51 inches center U joint hole to center U joint hole.
We are getting a new one ordered today to complete the T5 conversion. The original DS needed to be shortened .25 inches and the local shop wanted $175 to rebuild/cut/balance.
I decided to get a new aluminum DS built for $300 complete with U joints (minus the slip yoke)
Check it out, they will build what you need to fit
Custom length aluminum driveshaft

Hmmm . . . don't know what happened to my post; I originally responded to you telling you that yes, I'm trying to find out what the dimension between the center of the u-joint on the pinion yoke to the centerline of the axle is, but for some reason, it either didn't get posted or got deleted somehow.

Anyway--I appreciate your taking the time to try and help!

Hopefully someone out there has this information . . .

Anybody?