UD pullies for V6?

GT/V6 grille

Awesome... now I understand. Thanks very much for your linkage Zodiac! You actually solved my entire dilemma regarding the V6/GT grille & bumper... I found a post by someone on the TMS board that has sucessfully put together a V6 grille with a GT bumper on a V6 '05! Now I just need to find that elusive redfire front bumper.

Looking forward to your results on Sat, MSP!

--=K

• Sponsors (?)

Zodiac, thats really nice work man!! So this GT grill to V6 seems to be a common upgrade I see.. How about the rear?

I think this is definatley an upgrade that needs to be done.. Nice pics Zodiac!! :nice:

MSP said:
Zodiac, thats really nice work man!! So this GT grill to V6 seems to be a common upgrade I see.. How about the rear?

I think this is definatley an upgrade that needs to be done.. Nice pics Zodiac!! :nice:

Haha thanks, I do what I can. Yeah, alot of people have interest in the grill, mainly for the fog lights. The rear fascia should link up with no trouble as far as I know.

Sorry to go back to the fascia thing again but my dealer has told me that the mounting points for front & rear are different on the GT & V6.

Kim, any chance you could copy & paste that thread onto here to save us all searching it out?

Thanks,
Steve

I hope thats not true about the rear bumper cover .. I am not sure it is though because there are a lot of ppl who change the rear cover on the V6 to the GT so they can have 2 exhaust ports. ..

That was my plan anyways .. so I hope thats not true :(

Steve--

Here's the thread on The Mustang Source where we last discussed mounting the GT front fascia on the V6:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=27178

Dineau and Tiberius1701 have sucessfully installed GT front bumpers on their V6's... and Tiberius' is with the stock V6 grille; he used twist ties and double sided foam tape to get the V6 grille to stay properly.

I tend not to trust much of what comes out of my dealer's mouth... unless I'm talking to a parts guy who knows what he's talking about, like Kevin C. I haven't had a chance to ask his opinion on the matter yet, but I will.

--=K

Thanks Kim. The information I'd got was from one of the parts guys - nice guy but he didn't know the grille was a different size until I bought one & tried to fit it (hadn't discovered this forum at that point).

Steve

MSP said:
Which is how you know it will work.. Because the GT and the V6 use the same Alternator, Power Steering and WaterPump pulleys..

@Zodiac'
That sales rep is a moron!! Sorry man.. Once we get these installed, you and I will send him a nasty letter!!
Better check the bolt pattern/backspacing/width of that Crankshaft pulley compared to the GTs!!

Anyone know the specs on a 4.0 SOHC Crank pulley ??

Kim said:
Actually I've emailed them a couple of times... I've never gotten a response yet. If anyone has an ongoing correspondence with the folks at Casco crash parts, can you ask them what the price would be for a GT front bumper w/ grille? :hail2: --=K

I thought this thread was about UNDERDRIVE PULLIES ???

Sorry to keep the GT bumper thing going, but I just did mine. They matched up fine, however I did have to get a bunch of new bolts and some other parts to do it. Went to Casco, emailing him was useless, so I simply called til he answered the phone. Got the complete kit and love it.

As for the UD pullies, I'm very keen to see how this one ends up.