Ultimate Engine - 94 Cobra - Give the wish list.

94blackntan

Jul 28, 2005
Everyone,

Here's the deal. I have decided on a path for the Cobra I just bought.

It's a great car. Solid body, nice interior, still runs well.

My decision is, I'm not putting a dollar into the car, until I redo the drivetrain, from the bottom up.

I had a 95 GT and an 01 GT, and found myself nickel and diming myself to
death on the 95, and getting smart on the 2001 Vert. I dropped 4.10s in it
and left most of the rest alone.

This car is different. Here is my request for the masses, money not an object, within reason.

I want a mildly streetable car, but my wife wont be driving it (I dont want her to, and thats fine by her.)

I plan on an entirely new engine, probably a stroker block, new heads, an aggressive cam, and so and so on.

I may want to add a blower down the road, in fact, I probably will, so It has to be able to handle a big blower.

I just want the following, plain and simple.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]The fastest freaking car on the road on most given days......[/COLOR]

Give me your ideas please. Being a bit older, I can afford my toys, but just dont want to screw it up....

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

First of all...WELCOME TO STANGNET!!

Congrats on your purchase!

You are going to get lots of advice on the engines...I wont even bother for now.

I will say though that you will want to do your suspension mods, and probably upgrade your radiator. Like YOU said...nickel and diming to death..that's what happens when you do stuff like me. I only have springs and SFC's... I wish I would have done susp mods first.

You can add the "big blower" and put it to good use without the susp anyways...May as well start with your susp and tranny....do research and read about engine options.

Food for thought:

Low Comp 331 with a blower and meth inj.

351-based stroker.

Others will chime in.

Good Luck

RC--(also "fairly" old. :D )

ok here ya go.........

Dart block bored to 347
forged rotating assembly
forged pistons for about 8.5:1 CR
AFR 185 heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM II intake
custom cam (very aggressive) :drool:
36-42 lb inj. (if you're planning on a blower anyway, you may as well just buy em once)
AFPR
80mm MAF
70mm-75mm tb
1-3/4 longtubes
o/r h-pipe
Flowmaster or Magnaflow catback

also plan on upgrading your trans to maybe a TKO 600 or the like, a new clutch, alum driveshaft, hardened axles, better diff, gears, u/l control arms would help too and some sticky tires.........AND A DYNO TUNE!!! or if you're feeling ambitious a Tweecer or PMS :D

and either a really big blower or a big turbo :D

Dart block with a forged 347 kit, zero balanced, trickflow TW 205cc heads from summit, custom cam and valve springs (FTI, hitech motorsports, etc), edelbrock victor 5.0 intake, novi 2000 supercharger That should do over 800hp tuned right. You'll need a full fuel system, big injectors and a tuning device like a PMS to tune with a wideband.

Thanks so much, but here's a question....

Could I start buying some of the parts now, and wait for the inevitable of losing the engine, and then rebuild the lower end, and start over????

94blackntan said:

Could I start buying some of the parts now, and wait for the inevitable of losing the engine, and then rebuild the lower end, and start over????
if you're talkin big power here, i'd DEFINATELY consider an aftermarket block such as a sportsman or Dart block......the stock one won't hold up well to a stroker motor with a power adder.....just my .02..........

My dream motor,
original 427 side oiler balanced blueprinted, forged, stroked. 2 T56 sequecial turbos one up to 15 lbs boost, the second hitting at 15 to 30lbs.
Running race gas that should be good to about 1000+ hp.

Ohh yeah I forgot the six speed tranny, and copious amounts of suspension mods.

Money not an issue? I think thats everyone's dream when it comes to their car. Anyway...

-Dart or R302 block
-Cola crank and rods
-JE pistons
-AFR 185 heads
-Edelbrock Performer RPM II
-FTI Turbo cam
-PTK turbo kit with T-76 GTS
-Aeromotive fuel system
-60lb injectors
-EBC
-Meth injection

750+ rwhp at the turn of a dial

94blackntan said:

Sure you could do that!

You had better know what you eventually want for your combo or you could end up buying the same parts twice.

Later
Grady

347 (either Dart or CHP)
AFR 185's
Ported/extrude honed Cobra upper and lower
Forged internals
nice cam (nothing over .512 lift)
70mm TB
80mm MAF
Intercooled Procharger D-1SC
Aeromotive Fuel system (A-1000 pump, Rails, sumped stock tank-LOVE THAT LOOK!, whatever injectors needed, etc...)
MSD Digital 7
AFM PMS
Methanol Inj.
Ceramic coated BBK L/T's
Shorty Bassani O/R X
Borla Side Exits

Plus...lots of polished/chromed parts and braided lines for everything

money not an issue....the 514 from ford racing seems interesting :lol: make it carburated and put one of those huge roots blowers on it hehe, your stang will be one of a kind, the motor is kinda heavy, but i'm told it will fit, maybe just work hard on that front suspension, oh and a drivetrain that can take it haha

Well... first I would do a short throw shifter, then the exhaust system. Now it sounds good and drives 100 percent better. At this point, I would do rims and a suspension.

Then the drive train.

Then the power train.

Then the bling.

This isn't the funnest way to do things, but its the safest and while I don't know first hand, I would pissed if I installed this bad azz engine and I couldn't put the power to the ground till months later.

As for what I would do, see Grn92lx's post except replace the TFS with AFR heads.

- adam

Well I'm gonna go a different route since so many things have been named i hope i dont get flamed for this...
Ford 5.0L Cammer motor (dual cam 4valve motor)
single turbo maybe around 10-12 lbs. of boost.