Ultimate sleeper.

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
So Im at the doctor this morning and a guy sitting next to me notices my hat and asks me if I had the red Cobra in the lot. I told him yes and how did he figure that out by my 5.0 An american legend hat? He said cause its a 5.0...........ok. I correct him and he seems harmless enough so we are talking while waiting to see teh dr and he tells me he has a Twin Turbo Dodge in the lot and I have always liked the Stealths but then I get called in.
So when I get out hes in the parkinglot with his wife and says here it is...........hes leaning on a LHS series car, forgot which one, and says yep 3.5 DOHC (pronounced it doc) V-6 Twin turbo. :jaw: I am thinking ultimate sleeper :hail2: So I ask what turbo setup did he do and he says "stock turbos".............:nonono:....I say so I assume the previous owner did it? And he says "no I bought it new"...................:bang: I said these didnt come with turbos, he said "well its really fast and spins its tires and since it has two intakes I figured it was for the turbos" :jaw: Little more dumb than im used too :shrug:

So I leave the lot and head to 45 and this ass hat is right on my tail and gets BESIDE ME on the on ramp and floors it, I think hes gonna cause an accident and shift to second and hammer it to get out of his way and just shot away from him till I hit 75 (speed limit was 70) and set the cruise. I wasnt racing him but I knew he didnt have the power and thought he was gonna hit a truck :shrug: Then this ass hat pulles right next to me, I roll down the window and he shouts damn thats fast you have turbos too? I said no and rolled up the window. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

The vr-4's are twin turbo from the factory and are'nt really that great for what they are. Thats just my opinion. There fast but they need losts of mods to get that sled moving. If they were'nt awd they would'nt be crap.

Actually they need very little mods to get going. Some 13g turbo's and they haul ass. AWD can fly like a bat out of hell from a dig.

Good friend of mine is really into them. He did down pipes, exhaust, intake and boost controller and the thing would light all 4 tires. It would accelerate so quick out of the hole when he launched it @ 4000 it almost hurt. Of course after a few times it broke the input shaft on the tranny :shrug:

The vr-4's are twin turbo from the factory and are'nt really that great for what they are. Thats just my opinion. There fast but they need losts of mods to get that sled moving. If they were'nt awd they would'nt be crap.

i been in a red Mitsubishi 3000 GT that hit 72 mph in 2nd gear....my mustang won't do that....lol.

but it wasn't a Dodge Stealth, it was a Mitsubishi 3000 GT with the twin VR-4 Turbo's.

Speaking of asshats a guy at work has an AUTOMATIC turbo daytona with about 200k on it a leaky intake bad rack and pinion and no exhaust.. He tells me 'it makes 5psi and is a badmofo! i can smoke your mustang my car runs on premium!' I laughed at him and told him my z-71 would smoke him! he then sez here are the keys try it out.. im like ok.... so i drive this pos and it has LESS power than my old auto accord that had 300k miles on it.. I told him it was a pos and belonged in the junkyard and he still wanted to run me! so i took him for a spin in the mustang and after getting sideways in 2nd gear he didnt want to race me anymore...

Speaking of asshats a guy at work has an AUTOMATIC turbo daytona with about 200k on it a leaky intake bad rack and pinion and no exhaust.. He tells me 'it makes 5psi and is a badmofo! i can smoke your mustang my car runs on premium!' I laughed at him and told him my z-71 would smoke him! he then sez here are the keys try it out.. im like ok.... so i drive this pos and it has LESS power than my old auto accord that had 300k miles on it.. I told him it was a pos and belonged in the junkyard and he still wanted to run me! so i took him for a spin in the mustang and after getting sideways in 2nd gear he didnt want to race me anymore...

:Track: then you should have taken his money!

There is another asshat there with a Celica GT wheee non turbo.... And he runs his trap constantly i've told him many times lay some money down and i will run you and have yet to get him to put up or shut up.. Im not scared of an NA 4cyl thats for sure..

That is my biggest pet peeve: people who talk about their cars and know nothing about them. Drives me absolutely nuts. Seems like whenever i bring my car around people, they always have a cousin that has a 9,000 HP something. Id rather talk with a guy about a high 14 second Grand Sport Buick than a donkey who knows nothing about his car