Un-even ride height after Control arm install

Please help, I just installed Mac upper & lower control arms on my 1990 mustang lx. The drivers side is sitting about 1.5-2" lower than the passenger? I have swapped 2 different sets of lowering springs & both sets do the same thing? I used brand new Energy Suspension Bushings. The car rides great. It just sits too low on the drivers side. I have installed everything correctly. Loaded the suspension to avoid binding. Nothing helps? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 sets of springs(5.0,4 cyl, DropZones, & Jamex). Regards......Wayne H.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I tried checking the Shock. It is really stiff (good). I did not try switching the springs side to side tho. I swapped the Jamex 1.5" lowing springs out after the I seen the problem. The Dropzone have a 2" drop & are rated @ 250#s in the rear. The car done the same thing. I assumed that I might have put the control arms on their wrong respected sides. But they are clearly labeled L & R. So I called Blue Oval Industries to confirm that L is in fact the Drivers side rear. I also tried loosening all the bolts, Then supported the rear on Jackstands (So the bolts would not be torqued with the rear hanging-which causes BINDING) , TQed all the bolts & still have had the same problem. I also drove the car 4 miles hoping it would help. Even tried braking hard to get the nose of the car down. Still no luck. I guess tomorrow, I will try the stock springs. My car can be seen here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2094348/1 I will try & get a photo of the problem opn the bottom of the page tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Regards.....Wayne H.

I have it figured out. The spring would come off the mounting slot of the lower control. I figured when I would have the car put together, Then add the heavy 17x9 wheels with 275-40-17 rears. The weight would pull the control arm down just low enough to move the spring toward the front of the control arm. I have photos of this happening. Finally-after I installed the wheels, The spring would pop out of alignment of the control arm. Like I said, I don't know if the spring got off by the car being lowered or the final weight (pinch) when lowered. But I figured it was not a shock because the car was fine b4 the install. I actually thought I had a bad control arm. I am glad I was wrong. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Regards.....Wayne H.

Heya... please post the pics you have of this condition!

I can tell ya how many times I've seen folks with this same problem, create threads and try to get answers. Yours is the first post I've seen with a solution. :nice:

Please post the pics if you wouldn't mind. Thanks! :)

How I prevented on the 4th or 5th time? I had the car on jack stands (& not near as high as I had it before. I had a small floor jack under the drivers side ( side that was giving me trouble) to preload the spring. I then put a large floor jack under the rear differential. This then loaded the spring even on both sides & allowed me to remove the small floor jack. I then lowered the car slowly this time (in hope to stop the popping out). And it finally worked car sits level now. NOW I can lower the front. I had made up my mind not to lower the front until I got the back lined out. BTW,

Attachments

• bad control arm#2.jpg
    bad control arm#2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Bad control arm #1.jpg
    Bad control arm #1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 113
Just another note. The Energy Suspension Bushing are pretty slippery. They slide around very easily. I don't know if this caused me some trouble too or not? But the lower bushings are the lower control arms are actually about 1/8-1/4 taller than the slots they cover. I honestly feel I may not have had as much trouble if i used stock rubber type bushing. Hope this helps? Regards....Wayne H.

you should jack up the corner of the car, pull the wheel off, then put it back on, and lower it. See if that makes it pop out, because if it does, there's no telling if it'll pop out when you hit a bad bump...