UnderCar Neons or LED??

• Sponsors (?)

Zinc_Tang said:
I want to put a under car light kit on my car but I don't know which is better neons or the new LED Kits. Any one have either kit or tell me what the differene is. :shrug:

gayfight2.gif

i dont see why everyone is doggin the idea, see SOME of us actually like getting attention from our car's looks rather then just whats under the hood, theres alot of things that go into a car's apperance, not only under the hood...but as far as the over all look goes...me personally, i like making my car look good, and underbody's look good to me on some cars...so dont get discouraged, so people just dont have taste..i personally have had both ..and i like the LED's, they are much brighter then the reg. neon's...so if i was you, i'd go with led's

mustangmat99 said:
i dont see why everyone is doggin the idea, see SOME of us actually like getting attention from our car's looks rather then just whats under the hood, theres alot of things that go into a car's apperance, not only under the hood...but as far as the over all look goes...me personally, i like making my car look good, and underbody's look good to me on some cars...so dont get discouraged, so people just dont have taste..i personally have had both ..and i like the LED's, they are much brighter then the reg. neon's...so if i was you, i'd go with led's

Most of us aren't against looking good. IT's the point that neons/leds are ugly, ricer, stupid, etc.

Zinc_Tang said:
I want to put a under car light kit on my car but I don't know which is better neons or the new LED Kits. Any one have either kit or tell me what the differene is. :shrug:

:doh: Ok dawg, I'll tell you what the dealio. You shud git dem phat LED lites. Word is, they addz like 50 horsepower mayne....see den, you cud git dem Altezza tails, oooo dawg, dey off da heezy fo sheezy. Plus, dat's like another 50 horses and $hyt, you'd be smokin even Civics den...well, not the V-tec of course, but still. :rolleyes: In all seriousness, the difference between the LED's and the neons is that neons break alot easier...the LED's are more expensive than the neons, but then....that really shouldn't matter since you are talking about a MUSTANG, a car that doesn't need either of those "mods." In response to what someone said about making their car look good, well, you should invest in a true modification that is visible during the day as well as at night and that won't get you a ticket if you have it on while the vehicle is in motion. I've always said, you have to have the apperance to match the bite IMO, but you don't want people to notice your car b/c of how riced-out it looks....oh and I agree with whoever it was that said GREENBIOCH's smilies were funny as $hit. :D :rlaugh:

also, we all know about the autobahn, and i was wondering about car laws in germany, is it legal to run with neons/lights as such? i had a friend from germany that said the only thing he ever got pulled over for was his exhaust (not that it was illegal, but it was way too loud and pissing everyone areound him off, that day he wasnt speeding, but going fast in the 'drone zone' with his music up so he didnt notice :shrug: ) yeah he had a riced out car (lexus, if i remember right... it wasnt too bad but thats because i didnt get to see his (im would think) huge exhaust tips and altezzas!

Mean03V6 said:
:doh: Ok dawg, I'll tell you what the dealio. You shud git dem phat LED lites. Word is, they addz like 50 horsepower mayne....see den, you cud git dem Altezza tails, oooo dawg, dey off da heezy fo sheezy. Plus, dat's like another 50 horses and $hyt, you'd be smokin even Civics den...well, not the V-tec of course, but still. :rolleyes: In all seriousness, the difference between the LED's and the neons is that neons break alot easier...the LED's are more expensive than the neons, but then....that really shouldn't matter since you are talking about a MUSTANG, a car that doesn't need either of those "mods." In response to what someone said about making their car look good, well, you should invest in a true modification that is visible during the day as well as at night and that won't get you a ticket if you have it on while the vehicle is in motion. I've always said, you have to have the apperance to match the bite IMO, but you don't want people to notice your car b/c of how riced-out it looks....oh and I agree with whoever it was that said GREENBIOCH's smilies were funny as $hit. :D :rlaugh:

The whole top part of that post made me have a flashback of going through the drive thru at the local burger king where all the ricers hang out.. their language is so confusing :bang: LOL and yes the smilies were hilarious

Mean03V6 said:
:doh: Ok dawg, I'll tell you what the dealio. You shud git dem phat LED lites. Word is, they addz like 50 horsepower mayne....see den, you cud git dem Altezza tails, oooo dawg, dey off da heezy fo sheezy. Plus, dat's like another 50 horses and $hyt, you'd be smokin even Civics den...well, not the V-tec of course, but still. :rolleyes:

ok that was hilarious. lol. i give props to you for that one.

As it has been stated though, if you want to do apperance modifications, do something that can be seen during the daytime, along with maybe give you some handling/preformance advantage. for example, bigger rims give you beter handling, some body kits give you better aerodynamics.....but please you bought a quality american car, if you want to do neons/led's just go get yourself a honda, but make sure its got a big red type R on the back of it, cuz that red color adds an extra few hp :)

i love my side stripes, because they add a nice touch, and better yet they look like something OEM! (well for the 99+ it would be) im not a huge fan of 'racing stripes' or 'skunk stripes' or any of those running the entire length of my car, but the rocker panel ones kick @$$ (my avatar is a closeup of the "MUSTANG" part of them

Mine came with neons the previous owner installed and I never used em. I came to the conclusion that not only can you not see em when they're on (unless they're installed on the side instead of completely underneath the car) its like a beacon for cops to see. I got pulled over cause some anal retentive cop saw the front tube as I came over this hill while he was at the bottom. Granted mine were red which is an emergency color, but ya know. I took em out after they stopped working especially since I hadn't used em for about a year before I noticed they didn't work anyway. Stupid neons........