underdrive pulleys for V6?

guruinblue05

Aug 30, 2006
Austin, Texas
Anyone know if the underdrive pulleys for the 4.6L GT will fit the 4.0 L V6.. I am getting ready to install a C&L intake and get a tune, so want to also do the pulleys, but can't find a set for the V6????

any clues would be helpful...

thanks,,
Steve

• Sponsors (?)

You can get a alternator udp from pauls high performance (google it) for @150 including the belt. You have to call and ask for it, he does not list it on his site.
You can get an underdrive crank pulley from various vendors, but you can't run both of them or the battery will not charge enough. The alt pulley takes 10 min to install, the crank pulley about an hour and you need a crank pulley puller, plus buy the belt.

just my $.02 but i had underdrive pulleys on my build 5.0 in my ffr cobra replica and ending up taking them off, with the pulleys the volts would drop to 12.5 or less when idleing or anytime driving under 1850 rpm and the temp would slowly creep up to the upper limits, with regular pulleys car now stays at 14.5 volts all the time and the temp stays on low side of normal, just my experience and i didn't notice any loss of power at all but with 375hp in a 2200 lbs car, i have plenty