Mach 1 Underdrive Pullys?

• Sponsors (?)

can anyone explain how yall are sayin underdrive pulleys dont help and how did it mess up an engine? i just dont see how it could help it really. and i really dont understand how it would mess up an engine. i mean its just pulleys on the outside of the engine that take less drag off the engine. thats like doin away with A/C or P/S its gonna pick up.

midnightcamaro said:
can anyone explain how yall are sayin underdrive pulleys dont help and how did it mess up an engine? i just dont see how it could help it really. and i really dont understand how it would mess up an engine. i mean its just pulleys on the outside of the engine that take less drag off the engine. thats like doin away with A/C or P/S its gonna pick up.
extra harmonics and vibrations that cause a few oil gump gears to shatter. but besides that, they're awesome. :D

To back up this response, I use to be a diehard ford probe guy. I know that a lot of people had there probes engines messed up because the pullies took power away from the alternater, oil pump, and A/C. It's obvious why is might mess up the alternater, but with the oil pump not being powered as much, it supplies less oil to the cylinders...

For probes at least, it was create an oil starvation issue for cylinder 6, thus <i>screwing up the engine</i>. I dunno if it could be similar for mustangs but its probably something like that.