Unisteer Power Steering Pump Frustrations

66newbie

Jul 15, 2005
I bought the Unisteer kit and everything went according to plan until I got to the Power Steering Pump.

I have a 302 out of a 76 Granada in my Mustang and it's go the stock water pump....
My 302 had a dummy pulley for where the power steering pump should be.
The problem is I can't figure out how to mount the damn Unisteer pump.

Is there a special bracket I need ? I am so close to having this thing done and it wasn't that bad of a job.... This is frustrating to have this hold me up.

• Sponsors (?)

To be clear....my issue is the bracket setup. The brackets that came with the kit don't work with my 302 at all. I have been researching brackets and came across some that might work. Can anyone tell me if they had to do any bracket improvising to get this to work.

After re-reading my previous two post, I realized they probably didn't help anyone help me.....so here goes.

My problem is the Unisteer bracket that comes with the pump.
The bolt that threads into my head is too thick and doesn't fit through the bracket... Maybe I am missing a threaded hole for bolt that came with the kit.

Can someone post pics of the Unisteer pump and how it's mounted so I can see where I am going wrong.

I have the water pump with the lower hose on the driver side by the way if that makes a difference.

My unisteer pump bolted right on but my water pump goes out the passenger side. Idk if that makes a difference? If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try and get a couple pictures for you.