unknown plug in door

Tom95gt

Oct 10, 2007
South Jersey
heres where i wish i didnt lose my digital camera. i took off my door panel to look at why my window was goin up all retarted and found a big metal guide or sumthin lying at the bottom of my door but thats a different story. then i notice a white plug just chillen there. i cudnt find anything that plugs into it. does anybody kno wut its for? its roundish white and sits close to the bottom of the door

• Sponsors (?)

towards rear or front of the door??? front would be either the door switch for the dummy light or at the rear could be for the power door locks for keyless entry. Photo comes in handy but with no digital its hard to tell. When i got home I have all 4 different sets of Door Harnesses laying on my table in the garage. I'll see what it is for 100% sure.

If you have the driver door locked and lift up on the door outer door handle, if the interior light comes on, that indicates you have factory keyless.

I still think you might be lookin at your one-touch mod.

If you want to see about making a keyless set-up functional, search threads started by Bill302. He did a great write-up with pics on where the brain is (driver's side of the trunk) and how to program remotes.

Good luck.