unusual Barn find 1967 coupe

Hotrodbuilder

Sep 20, 2015
I am attempting to buy an unusual 1967 coupe from an estate. The car is a 1967 "A" code coupe. It has Deluxe Sport Sprint interior including both upper and floor consoles, factory AC, power steering, C4 automatic, rocker panel trim, fender opening trim, rear panel trim and trim bars at bottom of C pillar like for vinyl top, but it does not appear to have ever had a vinyl top. It includes all of the California required smog equipment. It also includes the wire wheel hubcaps in good condition in the trunk. Car has almost no rust anywhere and has not been registered since 1983 in California. I have never seen one equipped like this. The car appears to be in as delivered factory state. I believe the deceased owner was the original owner. Odometer shows 85000 miles and it looks like that it has not rolled over. I intend to order the elite Marti report, but not until I am able to buy it. Has anyone on this forum any knowledge of the rarity of this car or if others so equipped exist? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I think Deluxe sport sprints in early 67 were coupes only, and had all the exterior trims possible.
The one or two I've seen had factory luggage racks on the trunk. Does yours?

No luggage rack. No vinyl top. It does have factory AC. Still waiting for seller to get clear title. I will get Marti report when I actually get possession of car. I have seen one fastback with the overhead console.

Reactions: 1 user
Any news?
Finally got it home. Still waiting on bonded title. Seller never got one. I got it running on gas bottle hooked to fuel pump. Hits on all 8. trans works, PS works. No visible leaks. Has some bondo in hood and rt fender. Lots of mouse crap inside. I am redoing front seats and dash pad. Door panels complete, but rough. Almost all interior brightwork tarnished and pitted from outdoor storage for last few years. Might have been better if he had left windows cracked a little. I picked up a set of ralley wheels with good tires from a 67 Shelby. Ordered lots of new parts, but still need a lot. I will add a few pix soon

Reactions: 1 user