"unusual" type of air filter needed...

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by 98stangv8, Dec 20, 2008.

  1. it looks like a crankcase vent. K&N among others make those in all different styles and sizes. Just do a search on "crankcase vent". Also I'm not possitive but I dont think you want to vent a blown aplication other than the pcv valve but I'm not positive, maybe someone else can chime in on that. Good luck.
  2. Thanks,

    It goes right into the top of the valve cover...looks like a pcv valve...
  3. i'm running a filter on mine. it blows oil out of it onto the engine.

    stick with the pcv
  4. Yep, got 2 shielded ones (far right of air breather -- it's the silver thing) :) Just valve cover breathers. They run about $8 for the K&N and they do spit out oil. It covers my valve covers in my race car.

  5. I know this is an old thread but where did u get the breathers? It seems there are so many out there and so many different styles (push in, screw on, clamp etc) and they seem to run from 10-60 bucks!?! if I can get one for $8 american I'd be a happy boy. I bought a cheap one from autozone that doesnt fit correctly. I had to hog out the hole to get it to slip on. Thanks for the help!