*Update* fuel Pump Hissing & Jrichter

RsStanG1987

I shaved all my pubes playing this game.
10 Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Dupont PA
So here is the Update.
Got the fuel pump working... Found a switch in the trunk and bango it has power. Now here is another problem the fuel pump constantly primes now Like as soon as i hook the connector to it it fires right up. Did i mess something up buy doing the test connector?
So lets see if we can narrow this down.
Fuel Pump fine
relay fine
inertia switch fine

Hopefully we can figure out why it constantly primes now.

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you battery is fully charged prior to doing any testing. A low battery could give false test results.

Next test, key off, battery charged and properly connected.

Pull the driver's side kick panel and remove the computer connector. Then turn the key to the run position: the pump should not be running. If it does the lt/geen/tan wire is shorted to ground somewhere.

Will do sir... I checked it a couple more times it primes for 15 seconds now then stops. Diddnt start it yet im waiting to tie everything back uunder the car.

are you talking about the green connector or the big one going to the computer?? Ive always herd that you should dissconect the battery before removing the plug on the computer. chris:flag:

Well guys the car runs. The problem the whole time was a hidden killswitch that i bumped when cleaning my trunk out. It would of been nice if the previous owner told me it was there. Pretty clever hiding place i must say.
Hissing and Jrichker thanks for all of your help.

RsStanG1987 said:
Well guys the car runs. The problem the whole time was a hidden killswitch that i bumped when cleaning my trunk out. It would of been nice if the previous owner told me it was there. Pretty clever hiding place i must say.
Hissing and Jrichker thanks for all of your help.

A hidden kill switch:doh:,:D.

Glad you got it. Initially I had wondered if the ground strap in the puter crapped out so someone installed a toggled-switch-controlled ground to the FP relay neg coil. But it doesnt sound like it.

Good luck with it. :nice:

HISSIN50 said:
Glad you got it. Initially I had wondered if the ground strap in the puter crapped out so someone installed a toggled-switch-controlled ground to the FP relay neg coil. But it doesnt sound like it.

Good luck with it. :nice:
Yeah its the weirdest kill switch i ever seen... Its hooked to the inertia switch under the hatch panel. It was set up so the toggle switch stuck out of the plastic. I must have bumped it when taking my floor jack out of my car. :bang: :bang: Thanks again guys.