Update on 03 Cobra Front Bumper

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Here's an update on the 03 Bumper....

would have gotten this to you last week, but I forgot...

I wrote:

Any updates? The server on Stangnet crashed, with no backup's since Jan 1rst, so all threads on interest to this bumper were lost, but believe me, interest is still incredible on the product itself. Any info on the process would be greatly appreciated so I can pass it along to interested members.

thanks!

They wrote:

Dear Baldwin

Thank you for your interest in our products.

The bumper has been modified to fit all 1999-04 Mustangs, V-6 and GT models.

This master bumper has been reinforced with fiberglass and metal on the inside and we are now making a mold form this bumper. This should take about two weeks.

Then we will use one of these bumpers to make a bumper for the 1994 -1998, reinforced and make a mold.

So we are coming along just fine.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ABC Exclusive Auto Parts

Just FYI, the part should be out VERY SOON!

• Sponsors (?)

95riosnake said:
The old thread from before the crash had about 50 photoshops by caldwell lol

he may be able to post up a few for you from his comp if he still has any of them

Don't know whose car this is, but I kept this pic for reference. I can't wait to get this thing on my Cobra. Any info on the fog lights and such. Hoping I can just modify the brackets I already have to fit.

803618_64_full.jpg

lol, I was pissed?
I dont mind who uses the pic as long as you dont try to make $$ from it.
( I say this because I found a link to some kind of body kit for sale, that used the picture posted above, for advertisment)

Just try to use a better pic next time.. That one was terrible quality and shot to work with :D

Photoshop away!

OinkAodeOink said:
lol, I was pissed?
( I say this because I found a link to some kind of body kit for sale, that used the picture posted above, for advertisment)

Just try to use a better pic next time.. That one was terrible quality and shot to work with :D

Photoshop away!

Nice well, you're a good man! :nice:
honestly, I'm a bit aggitated people are using that picture for sales.
it's your car and my chop, frig man
we could make a killing.
where is this jackass? :mad:

OinkAodeOink said:
lol, I was pissed?

Photoshop away!
Wasn't tryin to ruffle any feathers. I'll remove it if you like. It is exactly how I want my car to look. Everything but the top and wheels anyway. Not using the pic for anything but a reference. I showed some people at work so they would know my plans, but they saw all the other chops on the old post. Shame we lost all those. There was some real good work there.

As I said, I had no idea whose car it was. WhiteDevil was at my place tonight, and informed me it was yours. Very nice.

You going for this bumper? I'd like one asap.

SeventyMach1 said:
So is this only gonna be available in fiberglass? I see they don't even have the 99-04 bumpers up on their site yet...... so I guess it will be a while.....

No, they are doing them in Urethane. I think what they mean by the e-mail up top there is, they had to strengthen the master bumper to make a solid mold. They don't want it to flex when the make the mold, or they have to start all over. So they back it with steel and fiberglass. The finished product will be in urethane.

x-newbumper.jpg

The bumpers will be available in May, from the site's knowledge. They WILL be urethane. The original plan was fiberglass only, with another company, but then someone contacted ABC and they agreed on urethane. The picture above is a Caldwell Classic Chop with my car....this might help ya a bit! :nice:

Attachments

• x-newbumper.jpg
    x-newbumper.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 97