Update on my ankle

I'm happy to report that I have a lead on a possible job that has health benefits, but it won't be until this summer. I've been chatting with the office manager of the base vet clinic (we both have fish and I've been helping her with some fish problems). She's moving this summer so she told me where to put in an application and I think she's one of the people that will be choosing her replacement. It's office work but I get to play with the cute fuzzy critters that come in too (and there's an aquarium in the waiting room :D). I'll go ahead and turn in an application next week, but her last day isn't until July.

-Chelle

• Sponsors (?)

t_chelle16 said:
I'm happy to report that I have a lead on a possible job that has health benefits, but it won't be until this summer. I've been chatting with the office manager of the base vet clinic (we both have fish and I've been helping her with some fish problems). She's moving this summer so she told me where to put in an application and I think she's one of the people that will be choosing her replacement. It's office work but I get to play with the cute fuzzy critters that come in too (and there's an aquarium in the waiting room :D). I'll go ahead and turn in an application next week, but her last day isn't until July.

-Chelle

Holy cats - what happens if 1/2NK ends up back in Missouri after AIT @ Sam Houston???? Dare I think of what happens, should the EVIL OVERLORD and the Desert Terror end up in the same shop???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

She's doing equine stuff, through, right? The base vet only does dogs & cats. And for the time being, they only do simple stuff like vaccinations and heart worm tests, but they're supposed to be getting in a civilian vet (who is normally at Ft. Leonard Wood, btw) once a week to do surgeries & the more involved stuff.

-Chelle

t_chelle16 said:
She's doing equine stuff, through, right? The base vet only does dogs & cats.
And, if Trish gets a posting someplace that doesn't have horses; then she won't be doing equine stuff! We know what the plan is..... and we hope that the Army will follow the plan,

[/quote] And for the time being, they only do simple stuff like vaccinations and heart worm tests, but they're supposed to be getting in a civilian vet (who is normally at Ft. Leonard Wood, btw) once a week to do surgeries & the more involved stuff.

-Chelle[/QUOTE]

That happens down here, as well - other than the Army Vet in Yuma is an RA (and she's cute, too!). They do dogs and cats - including the Security dogs for Yuma Proving Grounds (Army) and MCAS-Yuma (Marines), the "sniffer" dogs for US Customs, and the dogs for Border Patrol. With this new lady Captain Vet (more specifically, her background); it looks as though they'll also have the Border Patrol horses and the wild horses gathered for the BLM auctions. The last couple were contracted to local vets; but the new "Doc" grew up around saddle stock, so the civilians won't be getting as much of that work.
Trish still wants Ft. Hood - more time in the equine studies. But her Uncle (Sam) actually gets to decide.

Oh yeah, my comment about the new vet reminded me of something.....
65stanger said:
You're still EVIL OVERLORD to us! an' darn cute too!

hehehehehehehe, I just called The Evil Overlord "cute"!

Yeah........

Attachments

• the-real-Boo.jpg
    the-real-Boo.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 79