Update on my Notch! Engine Installed! Pics

• Sponsors (?)

yea, I brought it home Monday, Pulled 4cyl Monday night, Power washed it Tuesday, Cleaned up engine bay Wednesday, and Installed engine today, unfortunately I'm out of money for this project for this month. Have to wait till next month, I set my budget at $200/week. I still need an intake, carb, fuel pump, line, pickup, distrib, msd box and cooling system. It should be done around Christmas time.

nonglossjason said:
sweet, now you didnt answer my question lol. look at my previous post

nonglossjason said:
so you have to covert a lot of things huh? like brakes, suspension, even fuel lines

Yes, I have to do the 5 lug conversion, I plan on leaving the 4 cyl springs, but getting new struts and shocks, and I plan on 3/8" aluminum fuel line, with one of the aftermarket pickup tubes that go in place of the electric pump. I will run a holley blue pump w/ regulator, and most likely one of Professional Products RPM Air Gap knockoffs, I found them for as low as $110. I will probably bite the bullet and buy myself a new carb either a 650cfm or 670cfm Holley. The distributor I chose is the MSD-8598 paired with a 6AL box for ease of installation and nice clean install.

-Matt

Its all good, I will post more pictures with my next update, but it wont be for awhile, I have about $800-900 worth of stuff in my summit shopping cart, but I have to wait till next month to buy it so I don't go over my monthly budget, damn mortgage :D

mattmcdan said:
yea, I brought it home Monday, Pulled 4cyl Monday night, Power washed it Tuesday, Cleaned up engine bay Wednesday, and Installed engine today, unfortunately I'm out of money for this project for this month. Have to wait till next month, I set my budget at $200/week. I still need an intake, carb, fuel pump, line, pickup, distrib, msd box and cooling system. It should be done around Christmas time.
ive got a performer RPM and a 650 holley double pumper if your interested.

edit: the DP is zinc coated!:D

Engine11.JPG

Engine12.JPG

Engine13.JPG

Engine14.JPG

These pics are an early state, Ive only had a couple hours so far to put stuff together, got alot more work ahead, but for those who wanted to see my progress, there ya go.

mattmcdan said:
thanks, I'm running a 650 dbl pumper, and an air gap knockoff made by professional products.

Cool stuff. Do you have the tank and pump and all that stuff rigged up so it can run on the carb yet? It looks like you're getting really close to firing it up! I can't wait haha :D

spiff said:
Cool stuff. Do you have the tank and pump and all that stuff rigged up so it can run on the carb yet? It looks like you're getting really close to firing it up! I can't wait haha :D

Yea, I took the factory fuel pump out, and put in an aluminum tube in place of the pump. I bought a 25ft roll of 3/8 fuel line and all the fittings. I have a Holley blue pump, and regulator also.

I will most likely get to fire it up on Sunday if I don't run into any problems. Unfortunately my digital camera doesn't have sound while recording short clips.

91 5.0 block
TFS Stage 1 cam
FMS Lifters
GT40x303 Heads
1 5/8" Headers
Air Gap Intake
650cfm Holley
T5 trans
Undecided on rear end ratio yet, I have the original 8.8 from my 1986 vert for this coupe.