Update on my Turbo 01 GT (pics)

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
So here's an update since I last posted...

Motor is in, running ( have 55 miles on it so far) and everything seems fine so far.. Although I have a stalling issue I think is related to bad 02's.
The rest of the cars paint work we will probably tackle very soon, and the turbo kit will go back on when I feel the engine is broken in ( 1k mark)

newmotor1.jpg

newmotor2.jpg

newmotor3.jpg

newmotor4.jpg

newmotor5.jpg

newmotor6.jpg

newmotor7.jpg

newmotor8.jpg

newmotor9.jpg

pimp1.jpg

pimp2.jpg

pimp3.jpg

pimp4.jpg

Attachments

• newmotor1.jpg
    newmotor1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 76
  • newmotor2.jpg
    newmotor2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 72
  • newmotor3.jpg
    newmotor3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
  • newmotor4.jpg
    newmotor4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 72
  • newmotor5.jpg
    newmotor5.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 64
  • newmotor6.jpg
    newmotor6.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 71
  • newmotor7.jpg
    newmotor7.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 77
  • newmotor8.jpg
    newmotor8.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 66
  • newmotor9.jpg
    newmotor9.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 70
  • pimp1.jpg
    pimp1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 71
  • pimp2.jpg
    pimp2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 64
  • pimp3.jpg
    pimp3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 60
  • pimp4.jpg
    pimp4.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
Wow that was fast. It only took me 14 months to do that and you did it in like 26 minutes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NO CHIT man. The work you do is just top shelf man and fast.

I have only been getting my new motor together in sorted out over the last 2-2.5 years.

Its like a day deal for you...do you watch overhaulin' and say get movin slow pokes...what a whole week...hell I do that in a weekend. :hail2: :hail2:

I still wanna see your red pushrod bucket. Talk about a sick collection you have

Guys, the work you see took more then one weekend.. We kept fighting little issues for the past two weeks with this, but you are right.. the paint went on one day, and the engine built and dropped in the following week.. None of this stuff is really that time consuming.. It's all a matter of finding the daylight and time to do it, and the money helps!

the color is a Dupont paint, the Hot Hues line of candies..
It's called Molten Candy Orange, with a bright Hot hues silver I can not remember the name of. The actual candy is cheap ( $55 my price, makes 2 gallons of sprayable material) the silver base for this and the clear are where your going to pay.. All in all, this is as cheap as any color ( except red's) to paint.. I have less then $100 in the paint/clear/ect in the engine bay and hood, all name brand paint. the cheap base and clear would cut cost even more.

Shortblock is a Livernois motorsport 4.6L
Fresh Iron block/stock bore
Cobra Crank
Mahle Pistons/rings
Manley H beams
Cobra oil pump
all balanced,ect
ARP studs
Stock heads, cams, intake, t/b, ect

VibrantRedGT said:
Wow that was fast. It only took me 14 months to do that and you did it in like 26 minutes.

i bought a tubor kit, and its been sitting in the box for 13 months now.

oink builds a custon turbo kit, take the car apart drops a new motor and has the engine bay painted in 2 weeks. foose who?

puts my lazy ass to shame.

it looks sick, it's going to snap necks for sure.:nice:

That looks almost perfect Mike. It's good to see a real dedication with what you do. I'm really curious to know when you're going to paint the rest of the car the Molten Candy Orange colour.

I know you had your mind set on the beryllium, but i think you'll find yourself more pleased with this than the saleen colour.