Updated Pictures And Status Of My Project

tx65coupe

Nov 29, 1999
My 65 has made some progress, so I thought I would share.

I just swapped the OEM grille for a reproduction one with GT fog lights.

I recently rebuilt the entire front suspension with all new parts except for the steering box, which was a low mileage quick ratio one I got from a parts car we had a while back. The front and rear springs are new. The front are 600 1 inch lowering. I also installed KYB shocks.

I got a set of Magnum 500 wheels and BFG TA tires over Christmas.

It now has the Lincoln Versailles 9 inch that is freshly rebuilt and Granada front disc brakes, so it is 4 wheel disc.

A Modern Driveline clutch cable is installed at the pedal and through the firewall. The rest will have to wait until the drivetrain is in.

I am currently working on the brakes. I am waiting for a back ordered master cylinder right now.

It still needs it's 302, but that will be taken car of in the next few months.

tx65coupe-albums-my-65-coupe-its-way-being-v8-picture2287-100-0510.jpg

tx65coupe-albums-my-65-coupe-its-way-being-v8-picture2285-100-0504.jpg

tx65coupe-albums-my-65-coupe-its-way-being-v8-picture2288-100-0511.jpg

tx65coupe-albums-my-65-coupe-its-way-being-v8-picture2286-100-0506.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looking good. I was going to say your stance still seems pretty high in the front considering you installed 1" dropped coils, but then I realized you don't have the engine in yet! :)

It's cool to see the side by side comparison of the rear axles. It really shows how much beefier the 9" is.

Do you have any pics of the clutch cable setup? What trans are you going to go with?

Yeah I thought it was cool to compare them. The 6 cylinder rear is a 7.5 inch I think. It would be cool if I had an 8 inch to put in between them, since the Versailles is a 9 inch.

I am going to run a T5. Its the slightly beefed up Tremec one from Summit and Jegs. I got it for a great price and it is nearly new.

I don't have any pictures of the clutch cable setup yet, but maybe I can take some tonight.

Thank You!

It is a Ford color for 1965. Its caspian blue.

The car's original color is twilight turquiose. When I had it painted back in high school I wanted to keep it an original Mustang color, so that is why I chose caspian blue.