Upgraded My 95 Need Opinions

Hey guys im new here looking for opnions and any help... i have mechanical expeirence and definately not a mechanic. I converted my 95 to a 5.0 from a 3.8 than put a v1 on it and blew it up... bought a new built engine.

5.0 block edlebrock performer intake. Dart heads and either a e303 or a f303 cam. 42#injectors and maf calibrated to 42s. Vortech v1 blower. Trex booster pump and 255lph fuel pump. Running fmu with the 42# injector diaphram in it.

First start went well had some idle surge and some cooling issues. No tune yet was testing it. New rad ordered and im waiting for it to dive into moates quarterhorse. And i have to hook up my wideband tonight.

My question is am i missing anything any tips and does anyone know if someone can tune it for me using my info from my quarterhorse? Also cats went red hot so im guessing its running very rich.

• Sponsors (?)

Red hot usually = lean. I'm no help with quarterhorse but once your wideband is installed make sure you aren't lean and stay out of boost until you have it tuned.

Contact Willie lynch at dirtydirtyracing.com he does tunes that he can email to you and down load to the QH. He's the most knowledgeable tuner I know with that set up. He's not real expensive either.

Reactions: 1 user