upgrading 05 Saleen s281 S/C

xtturbox

May 13, 2006
Hello everyone. new to the forum, but not to cars, only american cars. Been searching for a few answers this week and have not found much. I have a 05 Saleen S/C and have upgraded the gears from 3.55 to 4.10's. Big difference, but I am looking for more upgrades and looking for input. I have ordered a set of mac mufflers, which will be installed this week, getting rid of the dump tubes on the saleen exhaust(way to quiet) and just going through the center pipes, looking at x or h pipe don't know which one to go with or who even offers one, and long tube headers, The shop I'm going through got the superchip tuner for me because the saleen runs really lean up top. Saleen just released a package for upgrading the injectors, cai, and maf with tune, which i'm waiting on but as for anything else would like some input. I have built numerous Imports(turbo) and just not use to superchargers or american cars. Want to make this vehicle loud and fast just looking for some suggestions!!

TURBO

• Sponsors (?)

long tube headers, such as hooker, JBA, Kooks, etc. you will have to use their h or x pipes, or have one fabricated to hook up to your exhaust. if you stay with the stock exhaust manifolds, or even shorty headers, then you can get a bassani X that can either use cats or go O/R. Pypes also makes O/R X and H pipes.

When choosing which pipe to buy, the H will give you more bottom tone or low end growl and when combined with headers you'll get a nice crisp cracking exhaust note under hard acceleration. With the X, you'll get much less bottom tone or low end growl and will have more of that crisp, cracking tone under hard acceleration and while not so hard on the gas.