Upgrading Map Lights

familyman

May 19, 2015
I have a '99 GT Convertible so I don't have a dome light. The stock map lights in the mirror are pretty dim so I would like to upgrade them. I purchased a pair of 42mm led bulbs but they won't seat correctly because the posts of the stock 212-2 bulbs are thicker than the replacement 42mm led bulbs. So, has anyone upgraded their map lights and if so, what bulb did you use?

• Sponsors (?)

I replaced mine with LED lights. I can't remember the number but I believe i used a cross reference list that can be found on the web. I also was able to run LED floor lights under the dash that lights up the footwells when the door is open. I followed a tech article I found on a forum and it really makes a big difference. And I used LED in the sunvisor vanity lights also. It is just a cleaner look. Good luck

I also was able to run LED floor lights under the dash that lights up the footwells when the door is open. I followed a tech article I found on a forum and it really makes a big difference.

+1

Could you post the link to the article you found? I am sure such would be helpful.