Upgrading to Mach 460 Sound into my 98 GT. need some help

Get E Up 98

Apr 18, 2004
Does anyone know exactly what is needed to upgrade from the base system to a mach 460? I have never done this so anyone who has experience and some thoughts please lemme know. Maybe something to look for as far as wiring. I already have a cd player in my car, and its factory. So any input would be appreciated. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My input is : DO NOT PUT THE CRAP MACH IN.

It'll be cheaper to install an aftermarket system and it'll sound better. When I first got my car I wanted the Mach 460, dealer wanted $1200 for the parts and install. Maybe if you could get it for $300 it'd be worth it.

Well after I heard the Mach 460 (my roomate has) and a few aftermarket systems... The Mach is absolute trash. It's not bad if you have it already but I would never 'upgrade' to it. Just leap over it and pay less for a better system.

NYStang2002 said:
Just get a name brand after market system. Being a Mach 460 owner and an avid audiplile I can honestly say it is total garbage. :notnice:
It's ridiculous how much Ford wants for the Mach 460 too. :notnice:

When I asked the dealer I goto how much it would cost, he told me the price and recommended to get aftermarket. I'm glad I did.