UPS just dropped off my new TURBOS! ***PICS***

yea, i like watching everyone mod their stangs up over the years. just a year hotmustang was na club : ) now hes throwin down the serious power!!!

those look bad ass man:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. And you know, I feel the same way....its awsome watching everyones rides transform :nice: .

Whats really funny is how often I tell you guys and my family that im done modifing my car for a long while :rlaugh: Then hello UPS/Fedex! "um...noooo I didnt order anything :D ...how many boxes?" :lol: J/K

Nice purchase, but if you were making 479hp/512tq at 9psi why not just turn up the boost? I suppose your looking for some monster numbers with the new turbos?

the 57trims probably become inefficient if he were to turn up the boost, and start blowing heat which means he would either have to add fuel or pull timing to keep knock at bay.

airflow makes the power. if he can get more airflow while keeping at the same pressure levels, he will make more power while not putting any more strain on his rotating assembly.

^Thanks mod/admin team! I really appreciate it :nice:

Guys, painted the hotside with VHT "flameproof" ceramic paint...and a high heat black on the body. Ill post some pics a little bit later tonight.

Thanks everyone for the input! I cant wait for these bad boys to be on...but probably wont be until the next weekend. Ill be purchasing an areoforce interceptor http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Fordtech.html this weekend so I can log my voltage for my A/F (narrow band...but gives a good refrence) and IATs.
That way I can have a before and after reading off all this stuff, since I know the car is tuned perfect right now @ WOT.

LOL even if the A/F is all wacked out, there is no way in heck in driving back out to G.A. :rlaugh: . I was just telling my dad the same thing earlier haha.

So here is how its going to work.

if im way lean or way rich im placing the car on jack stands, placing an order for 3.55 gears, and then driving down to Murillo motorsports in San antonio (home of the 8 sec street legal turbo Fox body) and giving them SPECIFIC instructions to ONLY adjust the A/F ratio back into spec, and recal my speedometer for th 3.55s. If Tim locks his tune, ill get a retune I guess but ill tell them to lock the timing @ 15 *s (or maybe 16*s since im greedy :D) like Tim did, or its no dice. ill tell them I want it SAFE...oh yea and that I want 500RWHP :rlaugh:

However when the forged motor goes in....Hello ROAD TRIP to GA :D

EDIT: Thanks 03 :) And sorry guys, pics will have to wait until tomorrow :(

^ :rlaugh: My thought exactly...especially after being SLOWLY (like 1MPH) walked by a C6 Z06...I just need a HAIR more :D

Gary, well im just taking it slow I suppose :D I dont want to jump straight into a forged motor (I do but I dont) quite yet...I just like doing things that most people dont.
Just like from when I was N/A, out on a mission to prove that the 2V could be made fast without a fully built setup....because everyone always looks down on N/A 2Vs, even here. But after I went 12s @ almost 109MPH with just DRs and a pull spare, it suprised alot of people and gave others hope. Never reached my 300RWHP N/A goal, but the point was made.
Then now, me and my dad built a turbo kit that, according to Tim, exceded a well known companys (HP) kit by 20RWHP....and with turbos that came from Ebay no less LOL.
Also 2 other things were accomplished that are out of the norm at the same time.
1. I have N/A cams...everyone specifically said to NOT use them with a blower and especially with a turbo...but I did, and the car makes good power.
2. Im at 479RWHP...WELL above the supposed "limit" of 420.

Point is that its all in the tune, and one of the main reasons I am doing this to go against the normal accepted ways and/or limits and to show people that they dont have to stick with the general accepted methods to be safe, or to go fast :flag: .
And one thing that really proves my point, and makes what im trying to do accurate and valid, is that this car is my daily driver that sees 700 miles BARE MINIMUM every two weeks. :)

Man that was long...could have just said "nope" LOL. But I will say that when I go forged...these turbos are going to get maxed out, so I can dethrown the 3 of the 4 local "1000+RWHP" supras in Austin :D But the last one I may not...freegin owner of boostlogic's personal car....makes over 1500RWHP and its street legal!

Ok as promised, pics of the now painted turbos. VHT "flameproof" ceramic spray on teh hot side, and black high heat engine (500*) paint on the center section. Hot side helps keep heat in, which helps also with spoolup....also prevents rusting. But last time I made the mistake of not painting the center section and it rusted on me :( . So im definatly not making that mistake againt.

101_0215.jpg

101_0216.jpg

101_0217.jpg

101_0218.jpg

101_0219.jpg

And the 3 inch U bend (future down pipe), with a reducer cone to tie back into the 2.5 inch exhaust.

101_0220.jpg

101_0222.jpg

Attachments

• 101_0215.jpg
    101_0215.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 101_0216.jpg
    101_0216.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 101_0217.jpg
    101_0217.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 72