UPS Sucks!!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
I am SO fed up with "brown"...the brown must symbolize "Sheet".

The screwed up TWO packages that are CRITICAL for Saturday engine drop in...BOTH got messed up.

1. Synchromesh fluid was supposed to be here TUESDAY.. The company got the billing address wrong by ONE digit...18457 instead of 18451...Ok..not UPS's fault. But my name is on the Freaking Package and the driver knows who I am. I get a post card today from the Post office sent by UPS saying that they couldnt deliver the package and I would have to come pick it up or wait until next delivery day...MONDAY...:bs: NOW, tell me this...HOW DID THE POST OFFICE DELIVER THE POST CARD TO THE "WRONG" ADDRESS with my name on it, but UPS could NOT :stupid:

2. I spent $35 for SECOND day delivery from Vortech for $10 worth of bolts so I can have them today.. 5PM comes NO PACKAGE...Called Vortech..they said it was scheduled for today...got Track number. Says "out for delivery" I call...."they can deliver up until 7PM" (my driver is ALWAYS here by 3PM) 7PM comes....check Track number....Guess what it says....Here is the direct messages on the tracking:

6:44 P.M. DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

6:35 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY

Are you Freakin' kidding me..!!! A $35 second day thing is "MISSED" so they can just turn around and deliver monday.... :bs::bs:

After 30 minutes of calls and complaints, the resolution was DRIVE to the facility to get it tonight OR Sat. Delivery by Noon (I can tolerate-barely- the latter)

I do Business on Ebay and ONLY use the P.O. Brown is called "Brown" for a reason:

(Image removed)

Whenever UPS is the ONLY shipping option I CRINGE!!

I just REALLY needed to vent right now.

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

RC you are in the market for a new CT after dropping that pic my friend.

Tough luck, you'll get her done though. You can still drop the engine and tranny in. There's a little secret where you can refill your tranny while its in the car by removing the shift boot and running a funnel with some plastic tubing clamped to the bottom down through the shifter location and into the fill hole of the transmission. So no biggy there, and if you get the Vortech bolts saturday by noon, you'll be good.

Keep up the spirits, as we say in the construction business, it will get built despite our best efforts!!

Adam

Wow that really sucks. I hate it when you need parts and something like this happens. Id be getting the $35 back!

Right...who's gonna give it to me? :shrug:

ADAM...what is CT :stupid:

I wanted everything on the engine before We drop it. We have enough to do though with the K=member and suspension stuff first, and also the shifter hole needs to be cut before installing. If I had worked tonight, I would NOT have gotten these calls to UPS.

OH...btw...I forgot to give the conclusion on the tranny fluid.....The place is Pro motion performance in Ft Lauderdale. It is not THAT close to me, but the owner lives about 15 minutes from where I took my Girls Bowling today (our Father-daughters day together once a week) His wife met me there after we were done and brough the fluid :nice: She felt bad about the mess up. Im just having UPS send the shipment back to her.

Thanks
RC

Not a big fan of UPS myself. I am still fighting a charge over y year ago for a package that UPS totaly FUBAR'd and even said they would pay for...yep got a bill...I not only told the tard (no offense to actuall mentaly inable people as this $h!t was an insult to them) the UPS shipping $$$ info COSTOMER SERVICE gave me 2 times, wrote down the number for him...did everything except physicly type it into the computer myself and he still managed to screw it up.

Talking with someone who works with chemicals and they said UPS busted a pallet of chemicals that they pay extra for handling/shipping incase this happens...UPS refuses to pay for the lost product but sends a bill for cleanup...to pay for the cleanup...on the mess THEY CAUSED.

I have done 95% of my shipping with greyhound. Best price and damn near 24/7 delivery. 48-72hrs is "a long time" for them as long as your not going from like NY to CA.

Here is the latest UPS update:

MIAMI,
FL, US 06/28/2008 7:27 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

06/28/2008 7:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 06/28/2008 5:12 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

What does adverse weather conditions mean :shrug: it's beautiful here this morning.

ALSO...You mean to tell me this package left the facility 20 minutes from my house, flew to Ky, and the Back to Miami? :rlaugh::lol::nonono:

WOW!!
RC

MAy need to get some more info on Greyhound!
RC

The only thing bad about greyhound is you need to go to the bus station...not generally in the nicest parts of town. It does not bother me for the price/speed of everything else. They may have a station to door service or something but I am not sure.

An example of shipping. I shipped a bigaz 1356 transfer case out of my bronco from St. Louis MO to Austin? TX. Not a light or small item to say the least. Cost me like $64 and was there in 1 day...5-10hrs earlier than they said it would be as they said it could take up to 2 days. I think insurance is free for $100 and below in value.

that suck's,RC.i was supposed to get my PS3 back friday.they said the apartment # was missing.they could have just went to the office like they did before.they could have called like they did the day before to say someone needed to be home.now i have to wait til monday morning to go pick it up:mad:

i'm on vacation til the 13th of july and have nothing to do this weekend.:(

UPS claimed that my x-box 360 didnt have my apt. number on it but in the sticker on top of the box said N212 I was like are you kidding me? They had the correct buliding and number. Then they call me at 9 p.m. to tell me about it. They ask and confirm my address. I said forget it you called me at 9 at night and you have to be open cause your calling me. So let me know where to come pick it up. So i got there at nineand got my 360 went home and started gaming. I also cringe when something is being delivered by ups.

That is why the automotive website that I work for delivers almost everything through Fed-ex.

UPS sucks..ok I live in a not so great area for theft. I ordered a item. They usually deliever 3 times then either bring it back to teh ups "dock" for me to pick up or put a note on teh door and place it on teh back door. Well the deusch that droped my item decided he didnt want my small item taking up space in his truck so upon 1st try leaves it on my front door of my house. WTF lazy turd couldnt walk to my back door where its more out of sight and safe and put a note on my door. Well my item got stolen and I got stuck paying for it and ups wouldnt do jack for me. I really dislike UPS because its happend before as well. Twice in 2 years. Fed ex is better in my expierence so far. And this isnt towards all UPS drivers because some are smart and do thier job right but those 2 times I got the no brain lazy driver that day. and my items get stolen. Sorry for ventin

That sucks man, but hey - the little thingy I sent out to you by UPS made it when it should've :D

I've gone out to the UPS pickup facility once or twice in my time too. It was way better than waiting another 2 days over the weekend for whatever I was getting!