Urgent Please Help!

khsbaseball322

Jul 21, 2007
Alrighty Fellas heres the problem. Swapped my old 302 in my 95 mustang out for a 308 Shortblock with AFR 165's 1.6 RR and a Trickflow Stage 1 Cam.

Ok heres the problem, when we try and put the valve covers on they hit the alternator and the holes are off by about 1/4 inch. I cant find any alternator brackets for the 94-95 and the 3 sets of valve covers will not fit.

Please someone help

• Sponsors (?)

Valve covers that fit on these cars are few and far between. The best fitting ones are the Trick Flow valve covers. They have no issues with the alternator, will clear stud mount rockers, and have the lowest profile which allows for installing most intakes without a spacer. They are very affordable, but the downside is you have to drill your own hole for the oil fill. Not really that big of a deal actually. Moroso stamped steel valve covers fit, but are pretty tall, and require intake spacers. I believe Anderson valve covers fit too, but are also very tall. I'm sure people will chime in with other valve covers that fit. It is much easier to just buy new valve covers, then to try and relocate the alternator.

Kurt

They are considered "stock height" for an 87-93' Mustang. The SN-95 Mustang valve covers are slightly shorter. You can actually fit stud mount rockers under stock 87-93' valve covers if you cut out the baffle mounts. However, stock 87-93' valve covers usually interfere with the alternator on an SN. The Trick Flow valve covers will definately clear pedastal and stud mount rockers as long as you don't have a rocker girdle, which I suspect you don't. If anything, they will interfere with the EGR valve, if the car still haves one. You might have to do some tweaking to the EGR setup to make them work, but it's as close as you're going to get.

The problem with the SN-95 cars is that they only made them for 2 years with a 5.0 engine. None of the aftermarket companies bothered to make valve covers specifically for these cars because of low demand. You're always making do with a Fox valve cover.

Kurt