Urgent question on blowproof bellhousing ?

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
I am installing a blow proof on my car , only ordered the .007 offset dowels because I was sure they wouldnt be that far out of tolerance , well checked the run out and I got .025 run out , the instructions say with .012-.020 use the .007 dowels and it should be in spec , and with .021-.033 use the .014 dowels , well I am wondering how many people have installed these and never checked the run out , I am wondering if the .007s will get me by for about 2 months till I can pull the tranny back out to install a G-force or Astro internals kit in the T5 .......just wondering if anybody has just slapped one on and went or if someone has ran one a little out of spec and noticed any bad vibrations , or has anyone even checked a stock bell housing to see how far they are out of spec , need to know by Sunday morning whether to put it back in with the .007s or just wait till later next week till I can get the correct dowels ? if you have not done one yourself please don't post , im looking for help from guys with honest experience , not guess work ..... thanks guys

Willie Lynch

DirtyDirtyRacing.com

• Sponsors (?)