Used gauge cluster won’t work, help!

I own a 95 gt and got a used gauge cluster from pick and pull. After I plugged it in nothing would work. It would light up but the gauges wouldn’t move. My previous cluster mostly worked except for the tach. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do? Or the process of reprogramming the cluster

• Sponsors (?)

I do not believe 96-98 clusters are compatible with 94-95 mustangs. I believe the wiring is different.

99-04s are very incompatible with all 94-98.

I believe you’ll need a 94-95 cluster

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Than do I need to reprogram it or anything? And also my car is manual swapped so idk if that effects the tach. My speed sensor is ducked im pretty sure and idrc about it. Now that I’m talking about it I may just install a aftermarket tach

You have to swap wiring pins for the cluster. You’ll need to track down a 96-98 wiring diagram and a 94-95 wiring diagram and see what wires need to be swapped.

you’ll have to do some research

You bought an incompatible cluster. It won't work. There is no realistic way to swap wires, because everything is on a plastic printed circuit. You are going to have to buy the correct cluster. There are always a few on ebay.

Kurt

You need a V8 cluster from 94/95. If you look on the back of your original one there is a reference code. Try and match it for the best install. Ebay has expensive examples where you can see the reference code. Or there are a few places that still repair them on line.