Used Mr. Clean AutoDry---And the Verdict is!!!!

For people that have used Mr. Clean AutoDry how did you like it?

• It worked great

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • It sucked ass

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
It worked great. My car has never looked cleaner. I didn't think it was really going to work when I bought it but after I used it my car looks great. It only left a few spots and that is where I probably missed. It took about ten minutes to wash my car completely. I would recommend this to anyone. I was just wondering if anyone else has used it and how they liked it.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought it because it was such a PITA to clean my black car. It works great. My only complaint is that the filter didnt last as long as it was supposed to, but I'm sure that is because my water sucks. Good product though. :nice:

I've had it for a month, but it keeps raining so I'm saving it for when I know I'm going to have a few nice days in a row. I will let you know my thoughts on it in a few days.

Where I live my car gets really dirty and wont just spray off with a hose so I have to scrub it to get it clean. Can I just use that auto dry when I rinse all of the soap off of my car and be set?

1105 said:
Where I live my car gets really dirty and wont just spray off with a hose so I have to scrub it to get it clean. Can I just use that auto dry when I rinse all of the soap off of my car and be set?
Thats pretty much how the auto dry works:
-Rinse car with regular water
-Set it to saop, spray the car w/soap, scrub it down
-Rinse the soap off with regular water
-Then set it to filtered water and give it a final rinse with the filtered water
-Watch her dry off with no spots :nice:

I dont know about the other guys, but I think that the soap it comes with has worked better than any other soap I have ever tried.

Well I only used mine one time and I was not impressed. I spent 10 minutes doing the final rinse and I still got a lot of water spots. This is on a freshly waxed black mustang (NXT wax) and the paint is as smooth as glass. The water does not come off the trunk that easily, and you still have to dry the water that drips out from the tail lights. It was 40 degrees that day so maybe it will work better when it's warmer.

I live in an area that has extremely "hard" water. I was not impressed with the drying part of it, left spots. I was impressed with the soap and regular rinse part of the product. You don't need a bucket is what I get out of it. I'm waiting for a house that can get a softwater hookup system in it. Mine right now, the labor would be close to $500.00 just to have one installed, yikes.

tried, was fairly impressed, yet not as impressed as doing it old school in the shade, the best combination if you've got some time that I've found is this:

just go out and my meguiars(sp?) auto wash and meguiars black magic wax... this is my procedure:

Rinse her off thoroughly
Soap her up using lots of suds with the soap and maguiars, dont miss anything
Chamois her off
Mist her lightly with a sprits bottle
apply wax
buff wax off by hand. I say by hand because if you do the Mr. Miagi style circular motion with a buffer, then the shine IS NOT AS GOOD! Wipe the wax off all in the same direction, I go from front of the car to the back. This way the shine from the wax is much more pronounced and reflective.

I use pure white terrycloth towls for all the washing, they're really cheap at target...

sorry i guess this kinda went OT, but I'm passionate about the appearance of my baby!

Black95GTS said:
tried, was fairly impressed, yet not as impressed as doing it old school in the shade, the best combination if you've got some time that I've found is this:

just go out and my meguiars(sp?) auto wash and meguiars black magic wax... this is my procedure:

Rinse her off thoroughly
Soap her up using lots of suds with the soap and maguiars, dont miss anything
Chamois her off
Mist her lightly with a sprits bottle
apply wax
buff wax off by hand. I say by hand because if you do the Mr. Miagi style circular motion with a buffer, then the shine IS NOT AS GOOD! Wipe the wax off all in the same direction, I go from front of the car to the back. This way the shine from the wax is much more pronounced and reflective.

I use pure white terrycloth towls for all the washing, they're really cheap at target...

sorry i guess this kinda went OT, but I'm passionate about the appearance of my baby!

I would do that but it takes way to long plus it has been raining and there is a lot of dirt here.