USERS of Thmpers or Powerheads [ya.. 'nuther one]

Before I get the "Aluminums are so much better, and only a few hundred more buy them instead..." from alot of guys... I live in Canada where it costs almost twice as much to do the same thing down there :( .

Lets say AFRs are $1250. Plus tax in whatever state plus shipping. I'll use 4% tax and $25 for shipping [its prolly more tax and for shipping heads].

$1250 + 25 = $1275 x 1.04 = $1326. I'd pay that in a sec if I was done with that. Seeing as how I live in a country where its dollar is not worth too much... Start with $1326 USD. $1326 x 1.31 = $1737.08. Now when they come to the door, UPS or USPS [whomever has shipped them] has to charge me PST ang GST taxes based on the Canadian amount. That amount is 15% :bang: So, $1737.08 x 1.15 = $1997 and change. So were talking 2 grand just to get a good set of heads to my door. Havent included duty and stuff that UPS charges.

then... Still haven't included roller rockers, hardened pushrods etc... then a timing chain and EDs or Buddys cam, on top of alll that... I'd have $5500 in this stupid thing. I have it, but, NOT money I can spend all on the car if I wanna go to school. which I do..

Thumpers or Powerheads work out to about $1100 when its all said and done. So, THAT is why I will be just running some stock, nicely worked E7s. The money left will allow me to buy an Ed Curtis or a Buddy Rawls cam to hopefully make the stock ported heads work a little better than with an off the shelf grind. :shrug:

I dont want this to turn into a stock heads arent worth it thread... Obviously AFR, Edelbrock, Trickflow etc... would be THE ****znit. BUT up here.. it just costs too much for me. And locally we had a kick ass head guy [Ron Elford] that i'd bring mine to over the winter in a hearbeat. but he quit doing it a few years ago. There's no one around here now....

Question:
I want to know who has the Powerheads.com Ported E7s and the Thumper ported E7s. How many miles have you put on them? Any probs? Dyno #s? Track Times? Both places do nice work on thier heads as far as excellent quality port work, valve jobs, springs, etc..etc..??? I just wanna hear who had or has them... love em? hates em or????

Basically thinking my combo will look like:
Ported E7s,
Edelbrock Performer upper and lower w/ 65 mm T body,
Custom cam,
24 lb injectors & C&L 73mm MAM
Mac 1 5/8" Equal shorties and 2.5" catted X pipe run open.
Plus all the current mods that are on my page
Not worried about a set of Thumper or Pwerheads heads getting me into the 12s. I've gone 13.1 with an untouched stock engine and plan to squeak a 12.90 out of it come spring before I do anything to the engine so...

Sorry for the long post, and Thanks in advance!!!

• Sponsors (?)