v6 2005 - Don't Laugh

tcosper

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2001
New Jersey
How many of you guys are thinking of buying a V6 2005 mustang? Just wondering. I want one so bad but can't afford the GT and the inflated insurance (I live in NJ - home of the highest auto insurance rates in the US). Since it will be my only car, I need it to be good on gas too.
If you think this is gay then so be it, but if anyone else is in the same boat I'd like to know that I'm not alone. Thanks.

By the way I'm not a kid so I actually have REAL bills and other priorities like most of you. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

For Me, it's GT or nothing. I was actually considering an '05 GT but i will not be able to afford the payments for it. A V6 is a bit more realistic, but i already "suffered" driving a 4-banger '90 Mustang around for 6 months and hated it. I know after the whole new car thing wears out after a few months from people seeing the new stang, i'll want a GT again.

SO i'll prob end up picking up a slightly used '03 or '04 GT instead. I'm a just-out-of-college kid with bills to pay so i need to think realistic as well, but i can't drive something i simply won't enjoy. I NEED a V8

I prefer the lines of the V6.. without the huge foglights & the spoiler..
& it's cheaper.. however the performance are not that great...
But it depends what you're searching for & where are your priorities..
I can even go buy a Ferrari if I want.. why not.. I have the cash..
it's just that cars are OK in life, but there are not all :)

calvado said:
I prefer the lines of the V6.. without the huge foglights & the spoiler..
& it's cheaper.. however the performance are not that great...
But it depends what you're searching for & where are your priorities..
I can even go buy a Ferrari if I want.. why not.. I have the cash..
it's just that cars are OK in life, but there are not all :)

If you can afford a ferrari, why would you ever get a v6 over a v8. The gt will have a spoiler delete option, and it might have a foglight delete. If it dosn't, you can use that ferrari-money you have and take out the fogs and get a new grille..

Mustang5L5 said:
For Me, it's GT or nothing. I was actually considering an '05 GT but i will not be able to afford the payments for it. A V6 is a bit more realistic, but i already "suffered" driving a 4-banger '90 Mustang around for 6 months and hated it. I know after the whole new car thing wears out after a few months from people seeing the new stang, i'll want a GT again.

SO i'll prob end up picking up a slightly used '03 or '04 GT instead. I'm a just-out-of-college kid with bills to pay so i need to think realistic as well, but i can't drive something i simply won't enjoy. I NEED a V8

You know I drive an '01 v-6 vert and it has more power than 50% of the cars on the road. I mean there are tons of dodge caravans, sentras, corollas, etc that you can get in front of on the freeways etc. After the new car thing wears out you've still got a classy looking sporty car that can be modified inside and out. Also, the new platform is totally improved compared to an '03 or '04 GT. Not performance wise, but quality wise. My car squeaks, ticks, shakes, and rattles and it's barely 4 years old.

I'd don't get the spoiler delete option preference nor the fog light delete. I think ford engineers made a cool looking stang. i love the spoiler on my car and the new stang. the fogs look good to me too, but bmw type angel eyes would look better. that halo effect would look menacing coming up in the rear view.

sajawebb said:
I'd don't get the spoiler delete option preference nor the fog light delete. I think ford engineers made a cool looking stang. i love the spoiler on my car and the new stang. the fogs look good to me too, but bmw type angel eyes would look better. that halo effect would look menacing coming up in the rear view.

Agreed.

sajawebb said:
You know I drive an '01 v-6 vert and it has more power than 50% of the cars on the road. I mean there are tons of dodge caravans, sentras, corollas, etc that you can get in front of on the freeways etc. After the new car thing wears out you've still got a classy looking sporty car that can be modified inside and out. Also, the new platform is totally improved compared to an '03 or '04 GT. Not performance wise, but quality wise. My car squeaks, ticks, shakes, and rattles and it's barely 4 years old.

I think it's just my own personal preference. I love torque. I love the feel of the V8. I love getting my neck snapped back as i just roll on the gas. I just love fast cars. The only other non-mustang car i owned was a 290HP Lincoln Mark 8. I bought the car because of the 4.6L DOHC engine. It sucked you into the seat and i just loved it.

a 200HP V6 isn't bad, but it's just not enough for me. I NEED to feel the rush of power when i drive. If money wasn't an option, i'd go right for an '04 CObra and call it a day, but since i'm a fresh out of college kid, i need to think realistically. I could swing an '05 V6 most likely. Sure it would be a classy ride that would get me a ton of compliments, but when i'm out on that backroad at 2AM blasting my Shinedown CD, i'm not sure i can enjoy myself unless there is a strong V8 under the hood. I'll just feel like i'm cheating myself out of something.

I already have two potent 5.0's back in the driveway, but i even need my daily driver to have some kick. It's a sickness.

{stands on stool}
Hello, my name is Mike and i'm addicted to torquey V8 engines

i'm thinking of a '05 V6.i want a the new mustang regardless of what powers it,if the V8 is too much money for me,i'll get the 6.it isn't like the days of a 88HP 4-banger mustang,the current V6 and the '05 4.0 will have more than enough power for anybody.a six is a just as much a part of the heritage as the V8,second production mustang ever was a six.you don't have to make excuses to anyone to drive a six-banger,a GT is boring to cobra people and so on and so on.drive what you like.
BUT...don't settle for a V6 if you want a V8.i'd be happy with either,don't get me wrong,i'd like the GT but i like six bangers just as much,a mustang is a mustang to me.but if you're just buying a V6 because you can't afford a V8,don't.you'll never appreciate it.i'd even say you shouldn't.you posted this thread to ask if it's okay to own a V6,that's a bad start.if you're having to validate a car purchase before you even buy it,that's a bad start.if nothing else,drive them both and if you think you can't live without the V8,just wait a few years and buy a used GT.i myself think the '05 V6 will be a great car.i had a '99 V6 and i regret trading it,it was a great car,got lots of attention and was fun to drive.

oliverqueen said:
i'm thinking of a '05 V6.i want a the new mustang regardless of what powers it,if the V8 is too much money for me,i'll get the 6.it isn't like the days of a 88HP 4-banger mustang,the current V6 and the '05 4.0 will have more than enough power for anybody.a six is a just as much a part of the heritage as the V8,second production mustang ever was a six.you don't have to make excuses to anyone to drive a six-banger,a GT is boring to cobra people and so on and so on.drive what you like.
BUT...don't settle for a V6 if you want a V8.i'd be happy with either,don't get me wrong,i'd like the GT but i like six bangers just as much,a mustang is a mustang to me.but if you're just buying a V6 because you can't afford a V8,don't.you'll never appreciate it.i'd even say you shouldn't.you posted this thread to ask if it's okay to own a V6,that's a bad start.if you're having to validate a car purchase before you even buy it,that's a bad start.if nothing else,drive them both and if you think you can't live without the V8,just wait a few years and buy a used GT.i myself think the '05 V6 will be a great car.i had a '99 V6 and i regret trading it,it was a great car,got lots of attention and was fun to drive.

I'm really trying not to be a dick here but could you please pay attention to your grammar and punctuation. One space after periods. Sentences start with capitals. Please.

I had a '95 V6, and felt it performed just fine.

My previous, to that, "sports" car was a Firebird (sorry for using the "F" word here), and that car had the largest V8 they offered that year. It was the same V8 as the optional upgraded for the TransAm model. It put out less than 150 HP. :eek:

There is nothing wrong with owning a V6 Mustang, and you should not feel that you need to offer excuses for it. Matter of fact, you should be quite proud in your choice.
:nice:

Once you go V8 you can't go back :D

The biggest flaw I see with the V6 is that you can't get the 18" rims :(

If you drive a lot and are not that big of a speedfreak than the V6 stang is a good choice. I'd rather see someone drive that than a Civic

WaltA said:
I had a '95 V6, and felt it performed just fine.

My previous, to that, "sports" car was a Firebird (sorry for using the "F" word here), and that car had the largest V8 they offered that year. It was the same V8 as the optional upgraded for the TransAm model. It put out less than 150 HP. :eek:

There is nothing wrong with owning a V6 Mustang, and you should not feel that you need to offer excuses for it. Matter of fact, you should be quite proud in your choice.
:nice:

What year firebird was that? Even the old 305's had 170hp. But they still had v8 tq and could spin the tires at will. I test drove a 02 v6 convertable and it felt less powerful then a Neon!