v6 exhaust question.......

• Sponsors (?)

the larger the tips, the goofier it willl look, esp. when you look at them from the sides. if you dont plan on a GT bumper, get smaller tips and just buy the mufflers, and have a good shop custom pipe the setup. and the bigger you go, the more your going to have to worry about scraping everywhere.

I just ran my tips out lower, the BEST thing to do for looks is make sure the tips are like 20 inches long at least, www.rodshopperformance.com sells really high quality Stainless tips in polished, I got the 22 by 2.5 inch tips. and angle them slightly up, so that the down grade of the rear bumper as it goes toward the tires doesnt make the tips (that usually are level to teh ground out) look angled down, a slight up angle rake looks really good sets the its off nicly, an exhaust shop can fab this up in no time and for really cheap.

kat6bangstang said:
Does anybody possibly have this done to their car or have a pic of a stang which has the exhaust like this? I'm just wondering if it is going to look goofy.

Here's a couple crappy pics (i don't seem to ever take good ones) of my car. You can kind of see how the exhaust is with the stock bumper cover. It doesn't look bad, but I'd rather have the GT bumper cover anyway. Soon...

sideview2.jpg

Attachments

• backview1.JPG
    backview1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 172
  • sideview2.jpg
    sideview2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 139
It took 3 1/2 hours to complete the job. (That includes the trip to home depot in the middle of everything to get new blades for the sawzol(sp?) when my old exhaust pipe killed the old blade. And the stop to pick up some beer to celebrate when the job was finished. :nice:
Here is the finished work...
406207_62_full.jpg

406207_63_full.jpg

You can see I took the approach of sticking with the stock bumper. And I needed no shims after all.
All is good and I'm going to get it welded up today! :D Thanks everybody for helping with my questions.
Kaylin