V6 rear: How long will it last??

Sup guys,
As a few may have read before, my brother wrecked his 95 cobra last summer. Totally jacked it up. So for all this time it was sitting in the yard and he was trying to sell it. Well finally he went and got a 95 v6 and had the swap done. Props to our mechanic, looks like they did a great job (and very fast too). But, the thing is, they didn't swap the rear end yet. They swapped the cobra motor and tranny but not the rear/brakes because he doesn't have any rims to fit over those brakes (his cobra Rs were broken in the crash). So, as soon as he gets the wheels they will swap everything but my question is: How long will that v6 rear last? I know he'll want to get on it a little to make sure everything is working right, but should he keep his foot out of it completely until he gets the cobra rear in? The motor is bone stock. Thanks for the help!
-GM

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with Numbles. My 7.5 broke in mine when it was still a v6... after a lot of thrashing. Ofcourse i went to an 8.8
I'd say he can get on it... I just wouldnt be jerking it very hard... well i would be but i wouldnt care if it broke. haha