V6 to take a GT

[QUOTE='66 coupe]While there are people out there who don't touch their Mustangs as far as mods go, I wouldn't say they're a majority. Instead the aftermarket is booming because people want to mod their Mustang with the money they saved on the sticker price. And that's where I see Ford's marketing as pure genius. Instead of charging people for something they MIGHT not have wanted, they stick to the basics just to move their product. What's better, selling a few expensive cars, or A LOT of cheap ones?
Then to top it off they have Ford Racing for those that want new rims, cylinder heads, gears, etc...[/QUOTE]

i didn't say that meant they keep them stock, but i wouldn't consider a bolt on GT a drag car or someone that's a drag racer. To me someone who guts the interior, puts in a cage, has slicks on, and not street legal is a drag car and more than likely a drag racer. just stating that people don't mind a hit in power because they not trying to be tenth's faster at the strip, but of course mustangs are hard to find bone stock, because they are made to be tweaked with. but to add on what you were saying, yes...the beauty is that Ford has made it possible for the people who want more to get more, not exactly having to pay more for something you don't need in your mind.Basically why they had the 4 and 6cyl mustangs made, for people that don't care for the power or can't afford or want to pay for the higher models, a way to still have one. even the v6's have aftermarket support for those wanting more, and obviously you know that as well as me.

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I work in retail, and people like you just flat out suck. You all want something for nothing, and you don't understand that the world simply does not work that way. [/QUOTE]

I understand that the world doesn't work that way, but i'm not saying that I want something for nothing, and i'm not saying that I want to get a whole lot for a whole little. I'm saying that everyone, would like to get certain deals on certain things... My point is when ford came out with the '03/'04 cobra I was happy, but at the same time a little disapointed that they had it supercharged, BUT it was worth it, a brand new '04 cobra was what...?, around 38K$ maybe 40K$ at the most? That's not bad, you get a lot of car ofr your money (runs 12s 1/4m ile straight from the show room floor, has a nice interior and exterior looks that are really to die for)... But why buy that brand new, when you could buy a year old one ('03) or even buy an '04 now that the '05 has come out, for conciderably less. 40$K for a brand new '04 or 28$k for a year old '04. And yeah, mustangs are made to be able to mod... but, what would you prefer a car that comes from the factory that needs a little modding or a car for about 5K$ more that needs almost no modding. Ok.. some people don't want to pay for extra power, extra money on insurance, worse gas milage, etc. ... thats why they made V6's, for those people. And look you work in retail right? lets say you put it like this, even at 35$K for a brand new '04 cobra (i'm just using the cobras as an example) which is fast as all hell, you buy it drive it, then after a year or two you go and sell it..."Why did I only get 25K$ for my car?" The cobras depreciate like crazy, or atleast where I live they do, I see cobras, roushes and even saleens s/c 2003 and 2004 models with very little miles on them for like 22K$ - 29K$... when you know those people bought them for easiyl 35K$+. Does that seem right to you in that spec? One of the cars my brother has is a '04 infinity G-35 coupe, bought for 35$K and is selling it for 33K$... could you do that with any late model ford, mustang or not? Yeah it's an infinity... but it was still for about the same price as a cobra or even a saleen, YES, not as fast but it's nicer, has more luxury and if you mod it, seeing how they were made so you can mod them, you could do it for like... I don't know say, 4,500$ for a twin turbo kit from greddy and beable to keep up with if not even waste a stock cobra (that's just an example of what could be done, and i'm not dogging cobras or any other mustang, i'm just saying, they depreciate quickly) So, if somebody doesn't want the extra power, brakes, sporty stuff, then get a v6 or even if they have to get a v6 'cause they can't afford a crazy v8 or a fast import... thats ok, v6 can be modded to be quick, but i'm talking about the people that drop a bunch of money for a saleen, cobra, roush only to have them drop in value... it doesn't seem fair to those people, yeah I know life isn't fair but you have to beable to see my point on this.

I think a V6 could beat a cobra(stock of course) if it had the chance to. Super Six Motorsports has a kit that includes cams,cylinder heads,intake, and more plus they have forged internals available. If you combo their systems with the supercharger of your choice and some heavy fuel and exhaust upgrades,plus an 8.8 rear end with the gears of your choice, there is no doubt in my mind that the V6 could take an 03-04 cobra. This is gonna cost a ****load of money but it would sure make you feel sweet when you waste a cobra at the track. :cheers:

zachs99beast said:
I think a V6 could beat a cobra(stock of course) if it had the chance to. Super Six Motorsports has a kit that includes cams,cylinder heads,intake, and more plus they have forged internals available. If you combo their systems with the supercharger of your choice and some heavy fuel and exhaust upgrades,plus an 8.8 rear end with the gears of your choice, there is no doubt in my mind that the V6 could take an 03-04 cobra. This is gonna cost a ****load of money but it would sure make you feel sweet when you waste a cobra at the track. :cheers:

I've seen that site, it's ok but I like www.rpm-mustangs.com better, they're more or less the same site it's just what i'm partial too. I would have to say that amount of work in a V6 stang or other domestic would be way to much... but in certain 6cyl imports, mainly the crazy ones (supras, g-35, skylines, etc), that would kill.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I work in retail, and people like you just flat out suck. You all want something for nothing, and you don't understand that the world simply does not work that way.

IMO, Ford is doing an incredible job delivering hp and quality for well under $30k. You mentioned the GTO not being a bad deal at $36k, so I expect you to be at the Ford dealership ready to buy one of the first new Shelby's when it's released.
If you're not in a position to buy one, you simply need to quit your bitching. Ford has made a very well performing car and priced it for you. If you don't think 300hp for $25k is enough, well then Ford doesn't care about your ungrateful ass, because there are several other people that see the bargain and will continue to make the Mustang the #1 selling performance car.

Seriously though, you sound like a Cobra owner, but you drive a V6. I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

+1

zachs99beast said:

Sure, this goes back to $$$. A v6 stang w/a 4.2, forged internals, a nice turbo setup, and all the supporting mods can beat a cobra. But if that was your goal, than why not just buy a 03 cobra and slap on a boost pully? It would be cool to have a super fast v6, but for my money, I would just buy the damn cobra.

worked v6 said:
It's still stuff I have in my car and no I wasn't trying to make the list longer... those parts are really nothing speciall at all. The most expensive thing from what you listed was the Re-surfaced flywheel. I had it machined and all that good stuff... It definitally made a difference.
your 67 sounds nice, I don't know if I would put a turbo on it but thats me. I would go with a super charger with a fatty intake coming outta the hood. :nice:

And the thread hasn't been all that bad, it's just been a bunch of people arguing over wether or not a V6 could take a GT, But if you GT guys want to go talk to some other V8 owners... try this site-... you might like it. www.ls1.com ... Wait isn't that a chevy and GM :hail2: site. Oh well, My bad. V6 people, I'm not dogging ford or our V6s' i'm just saying what most of us are or have be thinking. I've said it before, Mustang GT= nothing to special.
i am not putting a turbo on. my firend is putting a tubro on his 2000 V6 mustang.

worked v6 said:
. And yeah, mustangs are made to be able to mod... but, what would you prefer a car that comes from the factory that needs a little modding or a car for about 5K$ more that needs almost no modding.

I would rather have a car that still is producing a good amount of power stock but still has LOTS of potential. If I wanted a car that the manufacturer has already pushed to the performance ceiling, I'd get an Evo or an SRT-4. The reason I depise those cars is because everyone brags about their stock performance, but there's NO WAY you could squeeze another 100hp out of their engines. But aftermarket companies were doing this with Mach I's with a simple supercharger.

Besides that, now you're just rambling. Who the hell cares about resale anyways? Cars are not investments unless you buy classics. If you think the Mustang depreciates fast, don't go buying a new Porsche.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I would rather have a car that still is producing a good amount of power stock but still has LOTS of potential. If I wanted a car that the manufacturer has already pushed to the performance ceiling,

i would hardly say that a cobra is @ its performance ceiling stock, or the GT either. cobra will easily kick out another 200+hp without getting in the engine.
i doubt that the 6's could kick out 1/2 that without getting in the engine.
about the neons.......i kinda like them out there stomping the rice left & right.
cause when i beat on them they say you got a V8 to my 4banger with a power adder........so i just send them over to the neon boys for another stomping then they shut up.

Badd GT said:
i would hardly say that a cobra is @ its performance ceiling stock, or the GT either. cobra will easily kick out another 200+hp without getting in the engine.

Maybe you should stop grouping all of us V6ers together. I wasn't talking about the Cobra or GT. I may own a V6, but I'm not an idiot. Maybe next time you could pull your head out of your ass to read a post carefully before commenting. :rolleyes: :nonono:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Maybe you should stop grouping all of us V6ers together. I wasn't talking about the Cobra or GT. I may own a V6, but I'm not an idiot. Maybe next time you could pull your head out of your ass to read a post carefully before commenting. :rolleyes: :nonono:[/QUOTE]

ok SLAM HOLE this is the the post you quoted from & this is why i responded.

worked v6 said:
I understand that the world doesn't work that way, but i'm not saying that I want something for nothing, and i'm not saying that I want to get a whole lot for a whole little. I'm saying that everyone, would like to get certain deals on certain things... My point is when ford came out with the '03/'04 cobra I was happy, but at the same time a little disapointed that they had it supercharged, BUT it was worth it, a brand new '04 cobra was what...?, around 38K$ maybe 40K$ at the most? That's not bad, you get a lot of car ofr your money (runs 12s 1/4m ile straight from the show room floor, has a nice interior and exterior looks that are really to die for)... But why buy that brand new, when you could buy a year old one ('03) or even buy an '04 now that the '05 has come out, for conciderably less. 40$K for a brand new '04 or 28$k for a year old '04. And yeah, mustangs are made to be able to mod... but, what would you prefer a car that comes from the factory that needs a little modding or a car for about 5K$ more that needs almost no modding. Ok.. some people don't want to pay for extra power, extra money

see your quote was talking about Cobra's. read the post i responded to next time you little V6 driving ass fairy. so back to your response i guess you are an idiot after all. i just thought i would see what you guys discuss in here & you start making lame reasons why you would rather have a V6. go do a 1 wheel burnoff you jerk off. my post was reasonable & you resorted to getting ugly............so i just followed suit.

Badd GT said:

worked v6 said:

I see your quote was talking about Cobra's. read the post i responded to next time you little V6 driving ass fairy. so back to your response i guess you are an idiot after all. i just thought i would see what you guys discuss in here & you start making lame reasons why you would rather have a V6. go do a 1 wheel burnoff you jerk off. my post was reasonable & you resorted to getting ugly............so i just followed suit.

Hey, dip****. I'm not "Worked V6." He was the one talking bad about Mustangs and I was defending them.

Like I said, pull your head out of your ass before you respond. It's TWO different screen names and TWO different people. Wow...looks like you're the idiot. Now get the **** out of this forum if all you can do as a response is bash V6es. Yea, we haven't seen that from you intelligent GT jerk offs before. :rolleyes:

Badd GT said:

see your quote was talking about Cobra's. read the post i responded to next time you little V6 driving ass fairy. so back to your response i guess you are an idiot after all. i just thought i would see what you guys discuss in here & you start making lame reasons why you would rather have a V6. go do a 1 wheel burnoff you jerk off. my post was reasonable & you resorted to getting ugly............so i just followed suit.

god damn man were not in this forum to bash gt owners someone simply wanted to know what it would take to mod a v6 to beat a stock gt, then the thread went a little overboard. you clearly got your quotes wrong and are bashing on the wrong guy. chill out and go reread your post. then go back to the 4.6 forum

ps hope that removed spare/jack, mobile 1 oil, lightweight battery and funcional gt scoop give you all the extra hp and weight reduction you ever dreamed of :nice:

EDIT:
Badd GT said:
i doubt that the 6's could kick out 1/2 that without getting in the engine.
about the neons.......i kinda like them out there stomping the rice left & right.
cause when i beat on them they say you got a V8 to my 4banger with a power adder........so i just send them over to the neon boys for another stomping then they shut up.
if you read correctly 66 was talking about how the srt4's and evos were at their performance ceiling and that he would rather have a mustang(or cobra or whatever was being discussed) than one of those. hehe cobras respond amazingly to bolt ons but yeah i think u might have to tap into the engine just a tad to get 200+hp(i would consider a blower swap getting into the engine). also a v6 mustang isnt the only thing besides a cobra that cant bolt on 200 hp :rolleyes: