v6-v8 swap

brookegrabill

Jun 28, 2020
Iowa
I currently own a 1999 v6 mustang. I've had so many hopes and dreams for this car but I'm slowly in the process of adding some mods. My old boss found an 89 Lincoln with a 5.0 v8. I know it's not going to be easy and probably not worth it to the average person but I need help. As my car sits, it's just an automatic. I don't like that. I want to convert it to a manual as well. This Lincoln has an automatic in it as well. I was hoping anyone had any advice on transmissions that'll fit or if the current transmission will at least work until I can find one that'll work. also any words of wisdom will help. I am just now starting my journey and have a long road ahead of me

• Sponsors (?)

Which lincoln? A town car, or a mark 7? If it’s a town car, I would pass completely. Your v6 probsbly has more HP now than that boat anchor. Depending on the year, it’s about 180 hp and is not a high output 302

Lincoln AODs are longer than Mistang AODs, so you’ll need a custom driveshaft to accommodate. If you want a msnual, do it from the start

you want to run fuel injection? This swap is not for the faint of heart. Your are putting an engine in a car that was never an option, and using a substandard donor. (A 94-95 GT/cobra would be a better starting point). If you are paying for labor, it won’t be cost effective at all.