Drivetrain V8 - stock 4 speed clutch

• Sponsors (?)

Right on Enzio!, its a start, Stock bell housing? Could you post pic of the fork and the part number on it?

And I want to see the carnage of the old one. :nice:

Thank you. Day 2 gets posted to YT today and Day 3 tomorrow. Waiting to get the flywheel back from the machinist.
Here is the clutch fork. Modified to miss the headers. I'll fill that in and reform the slot/groove for the clutch cable. Pics also of the bell and flex plate part numbers. Everything is good except the lever which I'll make good.

Attachments

• bell housing.JPG
    bell housing.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Clutch lever 2.JPG
    Clutch lever 2.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 184
  • clutch lever1.JPG
    clutch lever1.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 187
  • flex plate.JPG
    flex plate.JPG
    417.8 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, I was busy installing the new 4 speed clutch yesterday. Video of the install will be sometime next week. I'm not stopping to edit video today.
Thank you for watching. I hope this helps someone who wants an alternative to the T-5 swap.
Here is the link for Day 3 disassembly:

View: https://youtu.be/CBewIRbmrk4

Liking the new clutch set up.
You said the clutch cable broke? Trans wasn't in 2 guide it, is that why? different throw out bearing? I'm confused

2Blue2,
I was confused also. The cable didn't break. The adjuster broke where the cable passes through the firewall. Normally I wouldn't have tried it without the transmission installed but I was having doubts about whether it was going to work. The spec clutch is WAY different than stock.
Did you want me to ruin it for you? The answer is coming. For 5 hours work on the car; I need to edit 5 hours of video so there's a delay in getting it on YT. I went 4 straight days without editing any video and now all I want to do is drive the car and go fishing. I can give you a hint if you really want me to spoil it for you.
On another note I was able to get the old Marantz cassette deck working. The radio that is. So now I have tunes. I don't have any cassettes.
Enzio

Never heard of them and had to look them up

Its a regional thing I guess. and if your tape player eats them then you cant borrow my beegees and sony n cher cassettes LOL

Whenever you get your video ready, don't rush on my account!! But I'm sure you're more ready than I am at this point, go get her running and take a spin, then you can add that to the video sticky!! I'd love to see it out in the wild!! :D

It kind of sucks that its not a bolt in after having to machine the flywheel for the new plate and cover.
So the pressure plate teeth are closer to the engine than the stock one?
Will there be enough travel in the bell clutch fork hole? I've seen a couple mutt2 bell housings on line that are cut for more fork travel.
I wonder if this is why?

I'm going fishing.

On a side note...
What body of water and species are ya fishing for?
I Like fishing.