• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
faststang_728 said:
Tire pressure :nice:

Air Filter (K&N cleaned recently with K&N cleaner) :nice:

Injector cleaner (didn't help) :notnice:

Oil changed every 3000 miles :nice:

There are some other things wrong with it though, if i let out on the clutch fast or power shift it sounds like belts slipping but i think its from the tranny, also when i put the msd wires on i switch the lengh of the wires because i put the wires in front of the engine instead of behind it, all the wires go to the right places just the lenth of the wires was changed, still runs good though, anybody know if that would effect anything?

Well hell dude I tryed :bang: :D I would make a new thread on fuel ecnonomy because I don't people will view this one much anymore. Also I would find out what that came with stock on fuel economy that way you know where you are at and need to go.

• Sponsors (?)

When I was driving the ex's 03 GT the gas mileage was very similar to my 98 V6. So I would say the gas mileage thing doesn't wash, and the ins. thing is probably for people with bad driving records and/or are young and less experienced drivers.

V6 since the V8 (GT and 99 and older Cobra) is slow for it's class (compared to F-body LS1 V8) whereas the V6 is much faster than most people expect it to be. Ever see a V6 stang take out a Lexus IS 300? I have.

My opinon.

BTW.. older 5.0's are a differnet story, those were... what I admire more than this 4.6 OHC... I'm talking about cars build in the last 10 years in my statments above.

Mike3800 said:
Ever see a V6 stang take out a Lexus IS 300? I have.

My opinon.

:confused:

So a stock V6 Mustang with 190 hp can take out a stock Lexus IS300 with 215 hp? I don't know about the weights of these two cars, but the Toyota 3.0L I6 is a better motor than the Ford 3800. JMO. Having driven both, I'd say stock for stock the Lexus would win.

Mike3800 said:
Your actions contradict your statments. If you wanted the thread closed... why did you post in it?

Your right I should have emailed 77Sleeper and asked him to lock it :nice:

Anyways my action/point is for people to get the idea that this is a dead issue and that replying to it saying this car is slow and that car is fast is pointless. They have already posted a warnning on the 4.6 talk threads about this Mustang on Mustang hate and I think its time we put this crud to rest. This threads has no tech help and has very little decent Mustang talk. That is just one mans opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.