vacuum/long tube install

88mustangGT

Apr 6, 2003
first of i want to say i serched the site for hours with no avail.

i just installed bbk long tubes and high flow h-pipe and mac cat back. i removed the upper itnake. well im missing a hose that goes to the front of the intake manifold. does anyone know where this hose runs between? without the hole pluged it would just die instantly, so i capped it off so i could drive the car home late last night. any help would be appreciated. im gona go remove the upper intake right now and look for it.

also driving home the car didnt feel any quicker if anythign a lil slower. would this be because of this vacume problem?

• Sponsors (?)

88mustangGT said:
first of i want to say i serched the site for hours with no avail.

i just installed bbk long tubes and high flow h-pipe and mac cat back. i removed the upper itnake. well im missing a hose that goes to the front of the intake manifold. does anyone know where this hose runs between? without the hole pluged it would just die instantly, so i capped it off so i could drive the car home late last night. any help would be appreciated. im gona go remove the upper intake right now and look for it.

also driving home the car didnt feel any quicker if anythign a lil slower. would this be because of this vacume problem?

The 3/8" hose that comes from the bottom side of the stock upper manifold is for the carbon canister. It vents the gas tank and provides extra fuel when in cruse mode. The canister is on the lower RH side of the engine compartment on the frame rail near the smog pump.