Vague s/c question, But any help appreciated!

cjames885spd

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2002
Kandiyohi, MN
Okay so i guy approached me today. Someone he knows is selling a s/c kit from a 96stang, he just said it has everything it needs to install. He said it is a Paxton and it was $2400 new. He also said that in the mag he ordered it from it lists it as 96-present. What s/c would this be, and would this be applicable for my 02? IM kind of worried about having 4.10 gearset w/ s/c. BTW it is barely used and i can get it for $1200 Tell me what you guys think

• Sponsors (?)

cold96snake said:
My guess is a P-1sc tuner kit. You'd need injectors, MAF, and fuel pump.

Doubt it, he said Paxton, not Procharger.

Back to the question at hand. Most likely it is a Novi 1000. Check with Paxton about what might be needed to install. If memory serves me right, there are some difference in the pully config, belt routing and stuff from 96-98 and up.

I'd say it's not worth it... I bought a tuner kit for about that price ($2400), by the time I was done getting all the miscellaneous I could've bought a complete kit from T&J for almost $1200 less and not had any of the headaches that I had trying to piece everything together.
Only way I see it as being worth it would be if he let it all go to you for under a grand... even then, there are so many miscellaneous parts that will be different I'd just say go with a full kit... not worth it, IMO.

RedGTvert said:
Doubt it, he said Paxton, not Procharger.

Back to the question at hand. Most likely it is a Novi 1000. Check with Paxton about what might be needed to install. If memory serves me right, there are some difference in the pully config, belt routing and stuff from 96-98 and up.

What he said. You will have issues with fuel delievery also I believe. You are going from a blower that works off a return style fuel system to a returnless fuel system. I depends I quess in what you get. If I were you just save up and buy one from T&J.