Value Added?

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Consider you have a Foxbody in decent shape. It has the typical HCI combo and a few other goodies so it's not an unmolested stock condition car or anything special. Consider this car is truely worth $5000.

Now, add this Vortech system, tuned properly and everything needed to make it work right.

I mean, you're probably looking at $4500 in parts. But what does all that including the labor value of installation and tuning add up to?

How much is the car worth now?

• Sponsors (?)

5500. Speed parts don't add much if any value to these cars. Unless you were purchasing and agreed value policy the money spent on these basically just disappears.

Reactions: 1 user
It all depends on how the work is done and how tasteful the mods are. People pay for what they want. I had a guy chase me down in the pits to offer me 10 grand for my 89 Vert. I had maybe 7 in it, car included. Only ran mid 11s that day on nos. He started at 10 and actually got an attitude when I wouldn't negotiate a selling price. He actually layed the money out on my car trailer and still had more in his hand. Smh

It's always worth what someone wants to pay lol. Like Mike said usually about 1/2 the price of said "upgrades". There are exceptions to the rule but that is is usually the market price.

A tastefully done hci fox with good interior and nice paint is a 5k car all day long, with a blower setup and nice wheels it becomes a 7k car imho. The return on investment with these cars suck...lol

Thanks for the replies. It's not my car in question but another potential project. I was hoping for an investment approach whereby my labor pays off in the end. Pipe dream I suppose. Oh well, just might do it anyway for the sheer pleasure and love of it all. :nice:

Unless you can score the car for next to nothing and in that case buff and shine it then put it back up for sale.
Agree again lol. Very very difficult to turn a profit on these cars. Unless you buy it correctly. If it's something that just takes a little elbow grease etc and it's the right price. Sure but The biggest problem is that we all stuff considerable time and money into these cars. We then assume it transfers over to "value". So buying and selling is always a pita.

I probably paid a premium for mine, but like others on here have said, it's about what it's worth to you. These aren't really collector cars IMO. I don't expect to ever recover the money I put into it. But for the fun I have driving and working on it, and the memories of the Fox's I owned when I was younger, it's worth it to me. I don't plan on selling it anyway, just give it to my son one day.

Reactions: 1 users
I probably paid a premium for mine, but like others on here have said, it's about what it's worth to you. These aren't really collector cars IMO. I don't expect to ever recover the money I put into it. But for the fun I have driving and working on it, and the memories of the Fox's I owned when I was younger, it's worth it to me. I don't plan on selling it anyway, just give it to my son one day.
Same here. I don't think I will ever sell this one. I've owned a few over the years and just like them too much. My son doesn't appreciate it the way I do but he likes this car. Guess he can do whatever with it he wants after I'm gone.

Reactions: 1 user