Value Of Mustang Bought In Germany

Addison Whish

Dec 29, 2016
I bought a 1988 GT and the guy who bought it before me got it new in Germany. The car is still original and I still even have the window sticker. While looking into getting it repainted due to some sun blemishes and minor rust, I was told that the car has a lot higher value than the average mustang because it was from Germany. After doing some research, I haven't found anything to support the idea. Anyone know anything?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna say that the car was bought through the PX in Germany. In other words,...It was an American built Mustang shipped to Germany, available to the Military through the retail outlet available to them where they could buy a car while stationed there. Other than the novelty, I wouldn't think it would be worth any significant difference.

If you are in Germany, yes, it'll have a higher value do to them being hard to find. Here in the us, it adds like 5 cool points but no value.

unless it has an installed beer tap, sorry it's not worth more than a normal Mustang
PBRSHIFTER.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I'm actually kind of relieved because I bought it intending on turning it into a beast and after finding out it may hold some kind of magical value, I've been keeping it in my garage and haven't even driven it the last two years. Now I can do whatever with it, guilt free. It's bitter sweet but I'm more than happy with the 5 cool pts. Who knows, may even install one of those fancy beer taps. Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was stationed in the Stuttgart area in the '80's, one of my buddies bought an '87 through the PX. Same as a stateside one.

If it was one that had been sold through the European civilian dealers, it would have several funky little differences that would only add a slight bit of interest to it. Then to get it to the states it would have had to been modified to meet our safety regulations, safety glass, various braces and the sort.

Europeans could get them, ford just didn't actively sell them there like now. Plus they would pay through the nose to get them.

Right hand drive would have to be an English or Aussie car.

All that said, I bet it's a PX car and the same we had here.