value of mustang cobra

bbruno

Nov 23, 2008
Hallo,
We found a 78 mustang II Cobra with red color and white interior , it is a 5 l V8.
we found the car is 100 % ok after taking away 10 years of dust ...

I bought it verry cheap , beacuse it looked like a total dirtbag ( but in reallity the exterior had greace alround to protect the body, and now more than 10 years of dust sticky on it ....).
Cleaning up and we have a nice car
but i dont know the real value of a car like this . can you help me ?

Greetz, Bruno

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to hear of your good fortune. There are various published guides to car values, but in the end it is worth what the seller will accept and what they buyer is willing to pay.

The "average" value listed in the NADA guide is $7,000 for a Cobra II or $7,500 for a King Cobra. The low value for a car in fair condition is around $3000, and the high value for a car in pristine condition is around $11,000.

what I find so odd is if you look at NADA, and KBB, and the VMR price guide the prices for our cars are all over the board. I guess the economy is what held the price down on my King, it was a VERY nice 68K original mile car and I had a tough time getting $7K. I know I've seen lesser cars sell for more, and some for less. as long as the person is happy with it, then it's priceless :)