Value Weber IDA intake manifold 289 / 302

extra_stout

5 Year Member
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Hey guys,
I need your opinion. This is in my storage for several years. I was young and had plans. Now I have no time and do not want to spent the money for the carbs either.
It was in the car when I bought it and do not know where its from. I think it was never installed.
It has 120mm bore spacing, so this is for Weber IDA carburetors. Weber IDF have 90mm bore spacing.
The mounting position of the carbs (same direction on both sides of the engine) is the genuine design of this intake in the early 60ties. Later the carburetors ware turned 180° on one side. I do not want to say that it is original, because I do not know.
What do you think is this worth?
If you have also any info and thoughts about original or not, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20220210_085544.jpg
    IMG_20220210_085544.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220210_085715.jpg
    IMG_20220210_085715.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20220210_085742.jpg
    IMG_20220210_085742.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220210_085801.jpg
    IMG_20220210_085801.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20220210_090521.jpg
    IMG_20220210_090521.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220210_085532.jpg
    IMG_20220210_085532.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure what it would be worth but I'd imagine it'd bring a good price from someone who's looking to do a period correct build or restoration. Original or not, I think it's a piece of history.

Reactions: 2 users
Had some time to waste, found this website:

Going from your pics and the limited knowledge that I have, I'd say that your manifold is an original piece. Well, in picture comparisons, it's at least older than what's produced now. The one they have pictured on their site has "Shelby" cast above the "COBRA" lettering and yours doesn't have the raised bosses in the valley for bolting something down. Also, the throats aren't machined as they are in this piece.

1644511529544.png

They're asking $670 USD for their manifold. I'd say if you can find someone looking for what you've got, I think you'd be able to get something close to that price. :shrug:

Good luck!! Let us know how you make out!! :cheers:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure it is not a newer reproduction.
Holman moody write on their site:
" Original design from 1960s 4 X 2 V IDA Weber Intake This classic Weber intake is a copy of the original type used on Cobras and GT 40s in the 1960s. The Webers all face the same direction with two water outlets cast into the manifold."
http://www.holmanmoody.com/Intakes1.html
They don't have it anymore. They have a similar intake for 856$...

Think about trying to tune that thing.
Here in germany I know a guy who has a weber IDA setup on his 68 shelby. I also contacted him, it was new to him, that there was a design that has the same mounting direction... and he said that it is horrible to do the tuning. And expensive.
Anyway the intake is a very cool piece of history/art and has some story to it. I only need to find the right person who has interest in such things.

Ya got to put it on your car!

No Really, you got to put it on your car!
At least for a while...

Even rarer in Germany!
Problem is that a chinese weber IDA costs at least 250$ times 4 = 1000$ without shipping/tax and cost of tuning...
And hood clearance could be even worse.
Years ago I thought of 3D printing something that looks like a Weber IDA, but has a injector inside. Individual throttle with EFI and stacks...
Than I thought about building a flat-slide throttle instead of usual throttles.
But time and money... and honestly for what I do, it will be just different in sound, not in performance and driveablitly.

Reactions: 1 users
If multi-carburator setup than a dual quad. You have a double pumper and two spare vacuum venturis. You can still have a very good MPG and also a lot of top end.
I have to less of exhaust. If I would solve that and get a bigger cam and some AFR heads it would make a lot of sense...
@Enzio and @LILCBRA have enough engine and exhaust for such setups.
019-1967-ford-mustang-427-dual-quad-induction.jpg

I'm going to say one thing, and then retreat back to my thread....

BMW has your answer:
d760-3900_1.jpg

They even have built-in injector bosses. You could 3D print or have a machinist make simple adapters, and then fabbing up fuel rails would be a non-issue. A 5.0 Explorer's cam sensor, a simple crank trigger wheel and crank sensor, and an EDIS-8 from an early 4.6, and you'd have a fuel-injected, individual throttle body setup that would look like pure sex and be easily managed by either a microsquirt or a megasquirt.

Seeing as BMW S62 and S65 engines should be far more plentiful in Deutschland than in El Estados Unidos de Americanos (and the parts for them are all over the damned place here on eBay), scrounging up some BMW M3 throttle bodies to make it happen shouldn't be that big a deal. Now the linkage and synchronization... that's umm... your problem!

Anyway, I'm done spreading craziness outside of my little corner. Carry on!

• Hell Yeah!
  • Useful
Reactions: 4 users