Valve cover clearance

Heavyfoot93

Jun 14, 2020
Pa
Hello everyone. I have a 93 lx that i put Sve heads on. I was trying to use the stock valve covers but they catch the rocker studs or valve springs on the oil fill baffle on one side. The other side is fine.
I can get different covers but i keep reading that there is a potential issue with clearance for the intake (cobra). The issue can be resolved with an intake spacer. Running stock hood so i def don't want to make the intake higher. Does anyone have experience or advice on this issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone. I have a 93 lx that i put Sve heads on. I was trying to use the stock valve covers but they catch the rocker studs or valve springs on the oil fill baffle on one side. The other side is fine.
I can get different covers but i keep reading that there is a potential issue with clearance for the intake (cobra). The issue can be resolved with an intake spacer. Running stock hood so i def don't want to make the intake higher. Does anyone have experience or advice on this issue?

I bought these for my engine with new rocker arms: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-65-345