Valve cover clearence question

• Sponsors (?)

purevenm said:
Will a set of stock 95 cobra valve covers clear AFR 185 heads with DSS 1.6 roller rockers?

If not what valve covers would you suggest?

I tried the stock covers on my 185's. I had to double the gaskets and the nuts still hit the cover. It didn't leak but was alittle noisy. If you run tall valve covers be ready to shell out $$ for an intake spacer.

347, AFR 185's, Ultradyne hyd. roller, Ford racing roller rockers, Vic Jr, Holley 750 DP, Aeromotive Reg, Walbro 255 l/hr in tank pump, T5, 3.90 gears.
Best ET 12.68 @ 114 on street tires with 2.73 gears.

update

Ok, So my stock valve covers are out.
I'm am looking for valve covers that will work with these roller rockers. But I really would not like to use a intake spacer. I will if I have to.

I have heard that Fox body valve covers will work , but the oil neck spout thingy is located where the throttle body is on our cars. Is this true?

I have a Kenne Bell supercharger sitting over the valve covers. Anyone been in this situation and have a recommendation on valve covers?

Thanks PURE VNM

purevenm said:
Ok, So my stock valve covers are out.
I'm am looking for valve covers that will work with these roller rockers. But I really would not like to use a intake spacer. I will if I have to.

I have heard that Fox body valve covers will work , but the oil neck spout thingy is located where the throttle body is on our cars. Is this true?

I have a Kenne Bell supercharger sitting over the valve covers. Anyone been in this situation and have a recommendation on valve covers?

Thanks PURE VNM
im running the 94/95 style intake/TB with fox covers. My cold air intake is really close to the fill tube cap but thats about it. i dont know about how they work with a kenne bell

If I go with the black FORD RACING covers that are 3 3/4" what size spacer would I need 1/2", 3/4", 1" or more. Also, I need to have a aftermarket paper breather like K/N to allow the crank to breath. Will they or will it plug into these valve covers?

Lot og question I know, but want to have everything before pulling stock motor out and putting 306 in.....

Thanks PURE VNM

Cobra4075 said:
They should work fine. I have 1.7 RR with afr and I'm still using the stock Cobra covers. The cobra covers are taller than GT covers to clear the stock 1.7 Roller set up.

What size AFR 165 or 185. What brand rr are you using?

purevenm said:
If I go with the black FORD RACING covers that are 3 3/4" what size spacer would I need 1/2", 3/4", 1" or more. Also, I need to have a aftermarket paper breather like K/N to allow the crank to breath. Will they or will it plug into these valve covers?

Lot og question I know, but want to have everything before pulling stock motor out and putting 306 in.....

Thanks PURE VNM

If you go with a spacer ......................................

Will that hose up your belt alignment or cause you to neel a longer belt?

btw ..... I thought the only difference between GT & Cobra 94-95 vc's was the word Cobra :shrug:

Grady