Valve Cover Removal: Passenger Side

FoMoCo17

Apr 1, 2011
Anyone remember if the throttle body must be removed to remove the passenger side valve cover on a 5.0 Mustang? And, do the hard steel coolant lines that overhang slightly have to be removed also? Thanks, its been awhile since I have done this with the engine fully assembled .. I have to get in there because I have one lifter making a bit of noise when hot ... gotta find it and remove the shim to tighten it up a bit more apparently.

• Sponsors (?)

I would just take a few extra minutes and remove the upper intake and other odds/ends to get everything out of way.
Then remove the valve cover and do the work.

Good luck

I just put it all together and that would necessitate removing the supercharger etc. which replaces the upper intake. That doesn't make too much sense if I can get the job done so much easier. If it was the stock intake, I hear ya but things are so much more involved with the supercharger setup.

Anyone remember if the throttle body must be removed to remove the passenger side valve cover on a 5.0 Mustang? And, do the hard steel coolant lines that overhang slightly have to be removed also? Thanks, its been awhile since I have done this with the engine fully assembled .. I have to get in there because I have one lifter making a bit of noise when hot ... gotta find it and remove the shim to tighten it up a bit more apparently.
Yes you need to remove the throttle body and air induction tube. No need to remove the coolant lines and also no need to remove the intake manifold like was mentioned a few posts up.