Valve keepers for E7s and GT40

I have the Crane keepers that were with the 44308 crane springs and retainers, the set came to me on some stock E7 heads. I have now disassembled my GT-40 heads to find that the keepers look different, especially the Intakes. The guy at Crane says the Crane keepers will be fine on the GT-40 valves.

Anyone have some hands-on with the GT-40 keepers compared to the E7 keepers?

• Sponsors (?)

Wait... Crane Conical springs...?? the keepers ARE different!!!!!! They do inter change with the 40s, but they are for the Crane springs!! look at the intake and the exhaust valve, see how the keeper notch is lower on the exhaust ( farther from the top) to make the installed height correct, they will use a .050 ligher keeper!! SOoo... YES they will work on the 11/32 valve stem of the E7s and the 40s, but they must go on the right valve... cool??

just me.........................

Thumper

Got it, thanks!

Decided to take your advice and go with a gear drive, what the hell, buck the trend, everyone has been telling me not to do it but I've never been one to follow the trend. 83 Capri, 5.0 EFI with Bassani exhaust and now a geardrive, GT-40 heads and an Explorer intake? Not too many of them around.

Thanks again for the advice.